KS: The New Generation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Open] The Morning from Hell

5 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

[Open] The Morning from Hell Empty [Open] The Morning from Hell

Post by Tiberius Hawke Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:30 am

"Mornings are the spawn of Satan." Hawke mumbles to nobody in particular in the fairly quiet dining hall of Yamaku Academy, taking a reluctant sip from his lukewarm coffee.

The day had started exactly like any Saturday SHOULDN'T start, an early morning. The grumpy young fellow had been soundly asleep, sprawled out on his bed after a hard night of "studying" (in reality he'd stayed up until the early hours of the morning surfing the web and playing his guitar quietly to himself), and when he was awoken by the morning hubbub of the school, apparently today some sort of track meet was taking place at school, so all of the weird and wonderful athletes of the school had made as much noise as possible when they got out of bed - perhaps they were punishing Hawke for his foolishness, who knows?

After unsuccessfully trying to get back to sleep, Hawke had thrown his blanket from his bed in a rage and stomped to the bathroom for his morning shower, which did something to ease the early-morning pain of his leg prior to taking his daily painkillers. Halfway through his shower, however, the water dad run cold. Ice cold. Rumor had it that too many people had taken a shower at once and bust the boiler, either way Hawke's morning had gotten even worse.

On his way back to his dorm he'd been approached by an over-enthusiastic athlete who asked if he'd make an appearance to watch all of the school's "excellent athletes make the academy real proud!" Hawke guessed that the glare that the young boy had received was answer enough.

The rest of the short journey to Hawke's room had been uneventful, save from the painful spasms in his leg. Once inside his room Hawke had gotten dressed for the day, opting for some white skinny jeans and a baggy red shirt. Flopping into his chair, he swivelled around to face his cabinet, and managed to hit his knee on a protruding drawer. His grunt of pain was cut short by a daunting sound - the sound of a bottle of pills falling over. "My painkillers!" He cried, scrabbling to catch them before they fell over.

Too late - the careless Hawke had left the lid off and he watched in despair as the small white pills poured out behind the fixed cabinet into the murky depths of the unknown. Hawke's head fell into his hands in despair once he found a single painkiller left - useful for around 5 hours of pain-free walking. Swallowing thew pill along with the other two he had to take for his memory problems, Hawke throws open his door in search of breakfast, only to be met by a crowd of people moving through the corridor, making an unholy amount of noise.

As his mood physically drained out of him, Hawke reluctantly joined the crowd and made his way out of the dorm, using his imposing figure to push his way forward. Once clear of the dorms, he made the short journey to the food hall, where he was met with another disaster - cold coffee and no bacon.

And thus we find the lad, sipping tepid coffee with a plate of sorry-looking scrambled eggs.
Tiberius Hawke
Tiberius Hawke

Back to top Go down

[Open] The Morning from Hell Empty Re: [Open] The Morning from Hell

Post by Mizo Takameshi Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:28 am

Due to today's track meet there was a lot extra morning noise, which quickly dashed any hopes that Mizo had of sleeping in. Admitting defeat he pulled on a faded pair of jeans and a black t-shirt that read "Go Chickens! Go Chickens! Go chickens!" in large white font in front of the white silhouette of a chicken. As he was on his way out the door he stopped and grabbed one of the books he'd been reading and not wanting to lose them he simply put on his reading glasses.
Once he'd left his room and unsure of where to go next his stomach did the deciding for him with a rather large growl. He realized he was quite hungry, and thinking back he hadn't had any lunch or dinner the day before. So with that he headed over to the dinning hall to solve his hunger issues.
As he proceeded through and got a look at what was available it appeared as if the early rising students who were taking part in the track meet had devoured anything remotely tasty.Admitting to culinary defeat he finally decided on what was supposed to be shredded potatoes, and something claiming to be toast along with a box of fruit juice.
"All the books I've read, you'd think I could of taken the time to read ONE cookbook." he thought to himself.
As he scanned the room for a place to sit he spotted a rather dejected looking Hawke. Making his way over he took a seat across the table from Hawke and said,
"Morning Hawke, did the track guys wake you up too?"
Mizo Takameshi
Mizo Takameshi

Back to top Go down

Post by Itsuki Maki Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:39 am

Itsuki was awoken by the track team. "Damn it," he yelled, "One night of sleep, that's all I ask!" He had barley been able to fall asleep that night and now he had been woken early. He got up and slowly got dressed. As he stepped outside his room, he saw the cause of the commotion. He groggily made his way down to the dining hall. He spotted Hawke and one of the guys from the night everyone in the hall had been woken up.
He took a seat next to Hawke. "Hey guys," he said in greeting, "We have track team?"
Itsuki Maki
Itsuki Maki

Back to top Go down

Post by Mizo Takameshi Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:45 am

"Something like that I suppose." Mizo replied as he took a bite of his "potatoes". Said bite was quickly followed by a look that said "These are NOT potatoes."
I'd stay away from the hash-browns if I were you...uhhh, sorry I don't think I know your name, I'm Takameshi, Mizo." he said to Itsuki, then quickly added
"Wait, I remember now. I saw you in the dorm hall during all that commotion the other night."
Mizo Takameshi
Mizo Takameshi

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiberius Hawke Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:54 am

Hawke doesn't even acknowledge Mizo's existence and continues to chew his food, boring holes into the opposite wall with merely his eyes.

"Yep. We have a track team. Very loud, very annoying." He says in a bored tone, then takes another sip of coffee in an attempt to drive away the last remaining demons dragging him back to the world of sleep.
Tiberius Hawke
Tiberius Hawke

Back to top Go down

Post by Mizo Takameshi Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:38 am

"Loud and annoying indeed." Mizo said in agreement with Hawke's statement as he stomached down another bite of the worlds blandest hash-browns.
Mizo Takameshi
Mizo Takameshi

Back to top Go down

Post by Itsuki Maki Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:15 pm

"I'm Maki, Itsuki," said Ituski, "And I remember you from the hall." He turned back to Hawke. "You know I used to be on my school's track team."
Itsuki Maki
Itsuki Maki

Back to top Go down

Post by Mizo Takameshi Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:30 pm

"Have you thought about joining the one here?" he said before taking a small drink from the little carton of fruit and then quickly putting on his reading glasses so he could scrutinize the ingredients list.
Mizo Takameshi
Mizo Takameshi

Back to top Go down

Post by Itsuki Maki Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:09 pm

"Not really," admitted Itsuki, "I was mostly focused on other things. Besides, I'm probably a little out of shape. It's been awhile." He gave a one-shouldered shrug. "It could get me back in shape though."
Itsuki Maki
Itsuki Maki

Back to top Go down

Post by Mizo Takameshi Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:35 pm

"I guess the real question is though, do you really want to join the team here." he asked while taking off his reading glasses, apparently done with the ingredients list on his juice.
Mizo Takameshi
Mizo Takameshi

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiberius Hawke Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:48 pm

As the conversation progresses Hawke stops his cup halfway to his face and simply glares at Itsuki.

Do they need more people jabbering at god knows what hour in the morning?

"If you do I will hold you personally responsible for any more rude awakenings."
Tiberius Hawke
Tiberius Hawke

Back to top Go down

Post by Mizo Takameshi Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:59 am

Tiberius Hawke wrote:"If you do I will hold you personally responsible for any more rude awakenings."
Hawke's comment came at the same moment Mizo decided to take another drink of his juice. Letting out a snicker that he'd tried to suppress, he quickly put a hand to his mouth with the top finger against his nostrils as the reddish/purplish juice came out of his nose and all over his breakfast.
Mizo Takameshi
Mizo Takameshi

Back to top Go down

Post by Itsuki Maki Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:25 am

Itsuki laughed. "But Hawke," he replied, "You once told me sleep is for the weak."
Itsuki Maki
Itsuki Maki

Back to top Go down

Post by Sora Kimura Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:18 am

I don't mind being tired because it's a state in which I can sit in one place doing and thinking nothing at all for a fair while before realizing that I'm not doing anything, and so it reduces boredom. I also abandon a certain portion of my reasoning, which can result in some interesting thoughts or conversations with myself. It's not a bad state of mind, really, except for the imperfection of my memory being amplified several-fold.
Due to my abandoned reasoning, I made the rather interesting decision when I was awoken to not go back to sleep.
However, my hunger is not as easily ignored, and so I find myself in the cafeteria before doing much else; my hair is still a mess. Though I look as if I woke up not too long ago, which is true, I don't look as unhappy about it. I see whatshisface, whatshisface, and whatshi- oh, no, that's Mizo. The shift of my attention occupies most of my mind, since it can't contain much while tired, and so I forget I was hungry and make my way over to them.
"Hellooo"
I sit down a bit farther away from them than is normal, though not enough that it's very significant.
Sora Kimura
Sora Kimura

Back to top Go down

Post by Mizo Takameshi Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:45 am

"Morning Kimura, the track team wake you up too?" Mizo asked through the napkin into which he was attempting to remove any juice that may remain within his nose.
Mizo Takameshi
Mizo Takameshi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sora Kimura Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:46 pm

It takes me a second to remember that the track team is in fact the reason I'm here. "Yeah." I respond. "Oh well."
Sora Kimura
Sora Kimura

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiberius Hawke Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:03 pm

"Sleep is for the weak, indeed." Hawke says begrudginly, "In excessive amounts."

Upon the arrival of Sora Hawke raises his chin to greet the stranger. "They've had a great deal of victims today." He says wearily, then turns his attention back to his food and drink.
Tiberius Hawke
Tiberius Hawke

Back to top Go down

Post by Sora Kimura Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:30 pm

"Victims? Who, to whom?"
What's he talking about?
Sora Kimura
Sora Kimura

Back to top Go down

Post by Mizo Takameshi Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:05 pm

"He means the track team, and we're the victims. We all came down here at this unfortunate hour in the morning because we've all been woken up by the un-courteous members of the track team. Judging by the present company I'm guessing the female members of the track team know how to be quiet." he replied as he wadded up the napkin and dropped it on top of his plate.
Mizo Takameshi
Mizo Takameshi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sora Kimura Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:12 pm

"Oh."
I don't feel like a victim. Maybe I'm too tired to feel like a victim. Being too tired to feel sounds weird and kinda scary, like I'm temporarily turned into a robot...
My thoughts wander to weird places as they often do.
Sora Kimura
Sora Kimura

Back to top Go down

Post by Chiharu Kinai Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:37 am

Mizo Takameshi wrote: "Judging by the present company I'm guessing the female members of the track team know how to be quiet."
As Mizo is saying this, Chiharu passes by the caffeteria doors but does not enter as her destination is elsewhere. However, she seems disheveled as ever when she shuffles by.
Chiharu Kinai
Chiharu Kinai

Back to top Go down

Post by Itsuki Maki Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:51 am

Itsuki broke into a grin when he saw Chiharu. "Kappa," he called, a little too loudly. He gave her a wave.
Itsuki Maki
Itsuki Maki

Back to top Go down

Post by Mizo Takameshi Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:59 am

Looking a little nervous Mizo said
"I...I don't like Kappas, why would you do that? why?"
unknowing that Itsuki had been calling out to someone behind him.
Mizo Takameshi
Mizo Takameshi

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiberius Hawke Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:38 am

Hawke rolls his eyes and mouths "Kappa" behind Itsuki's back, his mood darkening even further.
Tiberius Hawke
Tiberius Hawke

Back to top Go down

Post by Chiharu Kinai Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:09 pm

Having already passed by the door and out of sight, Chiharu stopped and considered the option to pretend she never heard him and continue on her way. <Hawke or Itsuki may suggest the possibility,  but Mizo would no doubt correct them and point out my hearing... why do you have to be such a good guy Mizo?>

After a decent moment, she steps back into view and slowly walks over to them, with a steaming thermos held in both hands, before speaking in an almost undetectably quiet tone.
"What is it."

She's wearing an olive green T-shirt that hangs down well past her belt line, wrinkly gray pants, and her scarf barely draped around her neck. It's quite obvious which side of her head she had on a pillow this morning from the position of her hair and her eyes seem to belong in bed as well.
Chiharu Kinai
Chiharu Kinai

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next