KS: The New Generation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Answers. Healing. Clarity. {Open}

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Answers. Healing. Clarity. {Open} Empty Answers. Healing. Clarity. {Open}

Post by Mizo Takameshi Sat Mar 22, 2014 6:11 am

It had been just a little over two weeks since the accident. The doctors had done all sorts of tests and the casts final casts that he'd ware until his bones properly healed had been applied. He'd just learned today two things that had bothered him, but also hadn't surprised him either. Firstly, he was, unfortunately, going to remain blind in the left eye. Secondly, because the problems focusing had persisted he'd had some tests done and the doctors had found that the impact had caused some damage and he'd need to wear glasses to see clearly out of his one remaining good eye. He was having a hard time of it, and was wishing for a distraction of some sort. He hadn't had an exam to get his glasses yet, so he couldn't even read to take his mind off of things. At this point he was wishing for a distraction, or release from the hospital. As his mind drifted to getting out of the hospital he remembered that he was told that given the fact he'd broken an arm and a leg, crutches would be out of the question. He was going to have to use a wheel chair until either his arm or leg, or both depending, was healed up. As he'd guessed his parents weren't able to visit, but that was to be expected given that they were dealing with the courts and work. Lamenting in his woes however would do him no good though.
Mizo Takameshi
Mizo Takameshi

Back to top Go down

Answers. Healing. Clarity. {Open} Empty Re: Answers. Healing. Clarity. {Open}

Post by Sora Kimura Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:46 am

I haven't visited since the first time I did so. I wouldn't know whether that's a long time to go without visiting or not. I've never had a friend in the hospital, so I don't really know friend-in-the-hospital-etiquette.
I'm not entirely sure why I haven't visited, though. My first visit established fairly well that knowing that Mizo has been hospitalized due to a car accident made me uncomfortable due to my own past experiences, but I dismissed the feeling as frankly stupid only a couple days afterward. I'd gathered notions of such during the visit, even.
Doesn't really matter now, I suppose.
I open the door and make my way into the room.
Sora Kimura
Sora Kimura

Back to top Go down

Post by Mizo Takameshi Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:25 am

Instinctively Mizo looked in the direction of the door upon hearing it open. He immediately recognized his visitor, even with his partial vision.
"Hey Kimura, come on in."
He waited for Sora to make his way all the way into the room before going on.
"Looks like I might be getting out of here soon."
Mizo Takameshi
Mizo Takameshi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sora Kimura Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:52 am

"That's good. I don't imagine you enjoy the hospital."
Mizo's feelings regarding the hospital are the only possible conversational topic I thought of before coming here. I suppose that's better planning than I can usually credit myself for.
Sora Kimura
Sora Kimura

Back to top Go down

Post by Mizo Takameshi Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:35 pm

"You'd be right, especially after the news I got. The doctors...they told me that..."
He paused for a moment as he placed the tips of his fingers of his good hand on the bottom of his eye patch.
"They told me that the blindness in my left eye is going to be permanent. I'm also going to need a corrective lens for my remaining eye."
Mizo Takameshi
Mizo Takameshi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sora Kimura Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:21 pm

Being informed was rather painful. Not immediately, but it was.
I take on a somewhat pained expression in sympathy for a bit before moving on by looking at his apparently injured limbs.
"What about your arm and your leg?"
I'm guessing they'll heal, but there's no reason not to ask.
Sora Kimura
Sora Kimura

Back to top Go down

Post by Mizo Takameshi Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:56 pm

"They'll heal, they're just broken. I'll have to use a wheel chair for a while though because I can't manage crutches with a broken arm and leg." Mizo replied.
Mizo Takameshi
Mizo Takameshi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sora Kimura Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:21 pm

I nod before thinking and mumbling "maybe I was lucky...", recalling what I'd been told.
It's starting to bother me that I keep thinking about myself when Mizo's in the state that he is. Enough that I want to say something to cover that statement up on the chance that he heard it, and bring the conversation in less selfish directions.
Unfortunately, I am no such conversationalist.
Sora Kimura
Sora Kimura

Back to top Go down

Post by Mizo Takameshi Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:50 pm

Sora mumbled something to himself but didn't elaborate on what it was he'd said. Mizo figured it was something he was better off not trying to force him to share something he wasn't comfortable sharing.
"So...What do you think, should I get a normal pair of glasses...or go with a monocle?" he asked trying to lighten the mood, and then re realized how odd that was...HIM trying to lighten the mood.
Mizo Takameshi
Mizo Takameshi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sora Kimura Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:37 am

Thankfully, Mizo is such a conversationalist.
Monocles are a bit out of fashion, aren't they? Am I simply misinformed about fashion or-
!
It was a joke!

My reaction is a bit delayed, but I do smile at Mizo's humorous question. It's interesting that he can be humorous in a situation like this one.
"A monocle would certainly be... unique." I respond, still smiling.
Sora Kimura
Sora Kimura

Back to top Go down

Post by Mizo Takameshi Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:05 am

"Well true, but at least I could drink my tea like a "Sir" as I've heard said." Mizo replied with a smile.
Mizo Takameshi
Mizo Takameshi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sora Kimura Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:57 am

"Do you drink tea?" I ask, as he seems to imply this much, but it could also be more playing along with the whole stereotypical gentleman thing.
Sora Kimura
Sora Kimura

Back to top Go down

Post by Mizo Takameshi Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:05 am

"Yes, quite a bit actually, not so much these last two weeks though. It all kind of started when I found this really quiet tea-house near where I lived before I came here. It was never crowded and there was always a quiet corner where I could read and enjoy a cup of tea." He said with a look that appeared as if he was looking at some far off place.
"They also served food there, I'd eat there quite often for dinner before I learned a few basic cooking skills. Well by basic cooking skills I mean boiling water for instant noodles, and making sandwiches."

Last edited by Mizo Takameshi on Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:17 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : you don't boil water for sandwiches -_-)
Mizo Takameshi
Mizo Takameshi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sora Kimura Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:42 am

It sounds like a pleasant place.
There doesn't seem to be much to say in response, however. Hmm...
Oh.
Well that's an interesting image.
"I just imagined you wearing both the monocle and a black pirate eyepatch over your other eye, and a tricorne hat with a top hat on top of it, because it's called a 'top hat' so that's where it'd go, and you were a fancy gentleman pirate."
I'm not actually sure if pirates can be gentlemen, considering their profession.
Sora Kimura
Sora Kimura

Back to top Go down

Post by Mizo Takameshi Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:55 am

*Snerk*
Mizo attempted to hold back a laugh, and failed. Through his laughter he said
"Sorry...the visual on that one...It was too much. That's hilarious!"
After some more laughter Mizo added another comment.
"Thanks...for that. It's been...well this place is rather depressing, as you can imagine. That cheered me up. Thanks Sora, I really needed that."
Mizo Takameshi
Mizo Takameshi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sora Kimura Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:13 am

I first think that maybe I don't deserve credit for something I didn't think of deliberately, before deciding that a subject like this really shouldn't have much looking into. Humor isn't supposed to be very complicated, I think. It certainly seems like a rather complicatedly long series of relations, though: Mizo has an eye-patch, which is vaguely pirate-like, we were talking about monocles, which is fancy-gentlemen like, and I had to make two hats that came from both of those subjects, and yet it all happens without much conscious thought.
Thought is weird.

Despite the weirdness of thoughts and what they result in, I smile, happy to see that I have entertained Mizo so, even if it was inadvertently.
"...as you can imagine."
I respond with a vague "I can imagine fairly well."
To which I think to add "Happy I could help you, though."
This hospital, like any, is fairly quiet. I wonder if anybody heard and/or thought anything of that little outburst.

Last edited by Sora Kimura on Tue Apr 01, 2014 3:27 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Left out the whole word "help"; not sure how that happens)
Sora Kimura
Sora Kimura

Back to top Go down

Post by Mizo Takameshi Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:23 am

Mizo fell silent for a moment
"There...was a moment, right before I first woke up after the accident, I...I somehow thought...thought that I might be dead. I was scared."
Mizo Takameshi
Mizo Takameshi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sora Kimura Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:06 pm

"I'm not sure you can think if you're dead." I respond.
Sora Kimura
Sora Kimura

Back to top Go down

Post by Mizo Takameshi Sat Mar 29, 2014 3:50 am

Mizo thought about that for a moment before replying
"You know...I'm pretty sure you're right on that one." he said calmly, after which he looked down and stared at his hands for a moment before saying anything else.
"It's gonna be weird...just one eye and all. I might just stick with always wearing an eye patch, gentleman pirate and all." he said with a smile.
Mizo Takameshi
Mizo Takameshi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sora Kimura Sat Mar 29, 2014 3:57 am

"Maybe you'll get used to it." I suggest.
"Though I guess getting used to something and accepting it can be different things..." I realize shortly afterward.
Sora Kimura
Sora Kimura

Back to top Go down

Post by Mizo Takameshi Sat Mar 29, 2014 6:12 am

"True...I guess I can't really argue with that." he simply replied.
Mizo Takameshi
Mizo Takameshi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sora Kimura Sun Mar 30, 2014 2:56 am

I suppose that how easy it is to accept something hinges somewhat on how debilitating it is.
"Other than having to get glasses or a monocle or whatever, would it cause any problems?" I ask.
Sora Kimura
Sora Kimura

Back to top Go down

Post by Mizo Takameshi Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:06 am

Mizo thought back for a moment and remembered as best he could what he'd been told.
"With just the one eye my field of view is significantly reduced, major loss of peripheral vision between the glasses and the lost eyesight in the one eye, I'm also more than likely going to have problems seeing depth properly. That means I won't really be able to work on my model kits any more."
Mizo Takameshi
Mizo Takameshi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sora Kimura Tue Apr 01, 2014 3:32 am

I almost want to continue asking how impairing this would be, in case it's not that bad and I can point it out, but it's easily possible that it actually is kinda bad and we'd figure that out, or there will be enough downsides mentioned that a sort of "well that's not so bad" really won't be effective.
Look at me, thinking things through.
...Taking my time with it, too. After noticing the pause I've made, I mention that "Maybe talking about what kinds of problems you'll have isn't a great thing to do."
Sora Kimura
Sora Kimura

Back to top Go down

Post by Mizo Takameshi Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:00 am

"No, it's alright..." Mizo said, realizing that his answer may have caused an awkward moment "...it's not like ignoring it will make it any less real. But you're right...maybe it's not the best thing to talk about, at least not right now."
Mizo Takameshi
Mizo Takameshi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next