KS: The New Generation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ian Akimoto

3 posters

Go down

Ian Akimoto Empty Ian Akimoto

Post by Ian Akimoto Fri Aug 15, 2014 7:04 am

NAME: Ian Akimoto
CLASS: Junior

APPEARANCE: Dark brown hair, some would say black if they just looked at him, that he keeps cut about to medium length. Just to that annoying spot where it falls into your eyes. While he inherited his father's color, Ian does have his mother's straight hair. His iris is of a similar color. His teeth are mildly crooked, his mother never having the money for braces. But with most of the problem being his lower set, his natural overbite hides it from view. Rarely though is he seen smiling with his mouth open though. The teen stands at just shy of six feet, so he isn't the tallest around, neither is he the strongest. He's quite skinny, from a naturally high metabolism and that he has the tendency to skip meals without noticing. Lightly muscled, he's just your average looking guy. When not in his school uniform, he usually dresses in solid colored t-shirts, namely white or black. He's also usually seen wearing an assortment of hoodies, jackets, and beanies, his favorite being a bright orange knit cap. Whether in uniform or not, he's always got one hanging from his back pocket which he slips on the moment class gets out. Jeans of varying shades of blue will adorn his legs, as well as shorts when summer rolls around.

BACKSTORY: Ian was born September twenty-first, to an American father and a Japanese mother. His parents, who were just getting used to their twenties, were quite unexpected for a baby. With low paying jobs, and a small one bedroom apartment, Ian didn't have much growing up. But it was enough for him to be happy. He always had toys to keep him occupied, watched television shows, and played at school like a normal little boy.  He was the shy kid that would always blend it, but under the right circumstances, he made friends easily. Being an only child, friends were important to him. Yet he wasn't able to keep them. After a quick and subtle split between his parents, there was a switch every year or two as to what parent he would live with. English speaking one year, Japanese the next, the first few times put more than enough stress on him. But like all things, he just got used to it. And with it, he became accustom to not keeping friends. It was always hard in the end, so why bother with it? He was far too cynical for someone his age. But life went on like this for some time. Until Ian's last year of middle school.

Ian's father had always had the nasty habit of smoking in the house. While Ian had never had asthma, it sure wasn't a healthy breathing space. But one night, after heading off to bed, a cigarette butt that was thought to have been snubbed out, still lie burning. Fire and smoke quickly spread through out the house. But as the flames eagerly licked at his door, the choking smoke and ash moved easily into Ian's room.The coughing woke up his father, who immediately charged into the blaze As a neighbor frantically dialed 911, a faint  scream was heard from within the apartment. This was what jolted Ian awake. All he could do was yell for his dad, but there was no answer. The man didn't not have the same protection that a fully clad fireman did. So as they moved effortlessly through the orange and red to save the suffocating teen, his father didn't make it.

While left without any burns or external injury, Ian had suffered severe damage to his lungs and throat. While he recovered in the hospital, his mother was left to grieve about the loss, Ian was given some time to heal, before  being shattered by the news. With no home left to go back to in America, Ian once again went back to Japan. Moved to a hospital in his mother's town, the woman was offered an opportunity to send her child off to a new school. A school developed for the needs for other disabled teenagers. With the considerable distance between the town he lived in, and where the school was located, his mother was quick to deny them. But in the end, it was Ian who decided for himself. In truth, he wanted to go to be away from his mother. No doubt, he loved her dearly, just like he loved his father. But after being passed back and forth, year after year, he felt like a play thing. A tool used to bet back at the other parent. So, at the start of high school, he took a plane, train, then spent an hour trying to flag a taxi, before finally arriving at the front gate of Yamaku Academy, where he's now in his second year.

PERSONALITY: Ian tends to avoid conversation with other people he doesn't know, even telling them off if necessary. Not because he dislikes the person, no. He just openly avoids making friends. If it's a forced situation, such as group work, he'll simply stay silent. Even when he starts to know someone, he won't act entirely himself. The rare occasion he does talk, whether it be a reply to an insult, or if he actually wants some conversation, he sounds cynical, speaking as if nothing mattered. An ironic laugh at his own misfortune isn't out of the question. And then other times, say it's someone shy making an effort, he's been known not to be a complete ass about it. Still, his pool of friends are very few, and even those don't know how he can truly act. As for being affectionate? Well, it's only his second year, and that area of conversation confuses even himself. In his free time, he spends it mostly in his dorm or alone somewhere in the courtyard. Out in the open, he'll just think. But in his room, he spends the time trying to do something productive. The strum of a guitar, as well as the not-so occasional curse come from within. He isn't very good at it yet. He still hasn't given much thought to his future, and as far as dreams go, he's trying hard enough to have those when he sleeps, which isn't very often.

Last edited by Ian Akimoto on Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:16 pm; edited 6 times in total (Reason for editing : Changed detail. Bumping post.)
Ian Akimoto
Ian Akimoto

Back to top Go down

Ian Akimoto Empty Re: Ian Akimoto

Post by LQ-84i Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:14 pm

Personal Details: Fine.

Appearance: Would be fine, check grammar.

Grammar: [Redundancy]: He('s) he's quite skinny, from a naturally high metabolism.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Backstory: (Check detail)

Spelling: Clear

Grammar: Clear

Detail: " It was a simple, happy life, until his last year of middle school." It would be nice to know how his childhood was like more than just this. Did he have siblings? How was his relationships at school before the incident? How did the incident affect him? Why was it important for him to know both his parents' languages? It's also difficult for me to ascertain where he was raised, is his family in America or in Japan during these times? This is important for us to be able to grade how they learned about Yamaku. There's also not much I learned about him personally such as whether he has any hobbies, any dreams, or aspirations for his life.

The reason this is important is that any details not in the backstory aren't allowed to be used in play. Other members have been known not to look at character profiles for a more organic experience. It's for our reference as administrators to limit certain abuses that may occur. It's advised as much detail as one deems important is written to make sure they are able to use the content in play.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Personality:  It's unclear as to why he's so quiet with those he doesn't know. The backstory is sometimes referred to see how the character's personality matches with how their life's been up to the point of entry.

Grammar: [Word Choice, Added Letter]: "When it's a one one one conversation..."

After these issues have been addressed, please bump the thread so we can look over it again. We look forward to seeing from you.
LQ-84i
LQ-84i
Admin

Back to top Go down

Ian Akimoto Empty Bump

Post by Ian Akimoto Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:12 pm

Sorry, kinda rushed it a bit before bed.
Ian Akimoto
Ian Akimoto

Back to top Go down

Post by LQ-84i Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:35 pm

I won't need the whole template for this one. Simply correct "american" to "American" in the first sentence of the backstory and you'll have my approval for the rest..
LQ-84i
LQ-84i
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian Akimoto Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:17 pm

Capitalized.
Ian Akimoto
Ian Akimoto

Back to top Go down

Post by LQ-84i Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:48 pm

Approved 1/2, please wait for a second admin's opinion before continuing on.
LQ-84i
LQ-84i
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Raiden Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:04 pm

Approved.
Raiden
Raiden
Admin

https://ksnewgen.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down