KS: The New Generation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Open] Rooftop Resolution

2 posters

Go down

[Open] Rooftop Resolution Empty [Open] Rooftop Resolution

Post by Kai Karasawa Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:27 am

Kai let out a long sigh as he leaned against the railing of the rooftop. As cliche as it had seemed, Kai had went up to the roof of the dorms in order to get some thinking done. While he was supposed to have had class, Kai felt that skipping ONE class probably wouldn't matter. Besides, it was too nice of a day to spend it inside doing paperwork. He ran a hand through his hair. It hadn't seemed to hit him until just now, but he was a senior now. Last year of his Highschool life before he would be thrust out into the 'real' world. It was pretty surreal though. His freshman year and junior seemingly blazed past him when he wasn't looking.

And he did almost nothing.

Kai stayed in between the lines, never doing anything to cause attention to himself. It was totally out of his nature to be so...docile. He was so used to being the wild child. The one with multiple trips to the hospitals. The one who hung with all the wrong crowds. Now he was the kid his parents wanted him to be. Safe. Obedient. Hell, his grades were at the best they had been in years. As well as possibly the most bored as well. Of course, this sort of behavior was a creation of the environment he was in. The tight grip the staff kept on the students had subdued him, as well as the general lack of hoodlums and slackers that made up his past circles of friends. Worst part is, he could feel that part of him that was used to being irrational and irresponsible pecking at the back of his head.

The part of him that truly lived.

"Gah! Damnit!" Kai cursed, stomping his foot as if it would quell the mounting dissatisfaction. After a few moments, Kai realized how ridiculous he probably looked and composed himself. Clenching his fist, he looked up. He would live, even if it killed him.
Kai Karasawa
Kai Karasawa

Back to top Go down

[Open] Rooftop Resolution Empty Re: [Open] Rooftop Resolution

Post by Jimmy Cohen Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:09 pm

Jimmy climbed the staircase to the rooftop. He wasn't in the mood for class today. He'd covered everything with the tutor in hospital, so attending class was pretty much a pointless exercise until he started senior year. He headed up to the rooftop while he decided what to do with his free day. As he got up to the warm, fresh air on the rooftop, he heard someone curse in frustration and stomp their foot. He took a breath from the oxygen tank, the climb up to the roof had proved pretty taxing for him, before he looked up to see a boy with black hair and tanned skin.
"Hey. Something bothering you?" Jimmy said, greeting the boy cautiously given the angry outburst he'd just overheard.
Jimmy Cohen
Jimmy Cohen

https://twitter.com/AceOfSpades_VN

Back to top Go down

Post by Kai Karasawa Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:43 am

Kai was too busy making a small scene for himself to notice the door to the rooftop opening. "Hey. Something bothering you?" he heard a voice say. Turning around, Kai found the source of the voice. A boy was standing in the door frame of the stairwell. The first thing he noticed, was the boy's distinct lack of asian features. A foreigner? Well Kai couldn't really use that word, as he was half-foreign at least. His eyes caught light shinning off of a some sort of canister. His eyes followed the cord that protruded from the top, all the way to some sort of oxygen mask. Wonder what this kid's deal is Kai thought. Rather then ask however, Kai decided to rather answer the question.

"Ah...I'm fine" He lied "Just skipping out on class up here...Which makes me wonder why you're up here"
Kai Karasawa
Kai Karasawa

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmy Cohen Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:00 am

"Heh. Same as you. Wanted to figure out what I'm doing with my day." Jimmy replied, sitting down on the gravelly surface of the roof.
Jimmy Cohen
Jimmy Cohen

Back to top Go down

Post by Kai Karasawa Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:57 pm

Kai chuckled. "A kid after my own heart" he said, walking over. The boy had some sort of accent that he couldn't quite put his finger on. It was obvious he was trying to suppress it. Kai briefly wondered how bad his accent was, if it was even noticeable. However instead of just asking, Kai stuck out his hand for a handshake. "I'm Kai Karasawa, a senior here" he introduced himself. The idea was, that if the kid was a westerner, he would return the shake. If not, he would probably get confused.

Last edited by Kai Karasawa on Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:06 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Wanted to add details)
Kai Karasawa
Kai Karasawa

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmy Cohen Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:17 pm

Jimmy took the hand and gave a firm handshake.
"Jimmy Cohen. I'm a junior. Nice to see I'm not the only person around here with a bit of a tan." He remarked with a lopsided smile.
Jimmy Cohen
Jimmy Cohen

Back to top Go down

Post by Kai Karasawa Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:25 pm

Kai nodded "Also nice to meet another foreigner." He added, this time speaking in English. "Your Japanese accent is really weird. It's hard to tell where your from" . This was an interesting development. As far as he knew, Kai was one of the only 'foreign' students attending the school.
Kai Karasawa
Kai Karasawa

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmy Cohen Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:52 pm

Jimmy was caught off-guard by Kai suddenly switching to English and cocked an eyebrow.

"Yeah, I get that a lot, but nobody seems to ask me about it much. I'm half-Australian, raised there from birth. Moved here when I was... 9 or 10, I think? Had a bit of mixed language upbringing. Mom's Japanese, my father's Australian. We spoke a lot of 'Japanglish' around the house. Y'know, jumbled the two up a bit. I try to rein it in a little when I'm talking Japanese. People found it hard to understand me and I got teased, so I hold it back now. Makes what I'm saying clearer. Speaking of which, where are you from? Your name didn't strike me as Western, but nobody here has that kind of tan." He responded in English, his real accent coming through, although it was more than a little muddled with his Japanese accent.
Jimmy Cohen
Jimmy Cohen

Back to top Go down

Post by Kai Karasawa Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:13 pm

This time it was Kai's turn to be caught off-guard. He wasn't expecting the Australian accent anyway. Nevertheless, Kai listened and nodded his head at Jimmy's words. Japanese-Australian couples weren't exactly unheard of, but where pretty rare from all accounts. "Me? I come from the states, off the Island of Oahu. One part Japanese, one part Hawaiian." Kai explained "I don't know much Hawaiian though, just the dirty words" he added with a frown.
Kai Karasawa
Kai Karasawa

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmy Cohen Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:30 pm

"The dirty words are all you need to know." Jimmy said, laughing.

"Hawaii, eh? Looks like a beautiful place, but I've only ever seen photos. So, did you live in Japan before you came to Yamaku, or did you move here straight from Hawaii?"
Jimmy Cohen
Jimmy Cohen

Back to top Go down

Post by Kai Karasawa Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:13 am

Kai laughed along with Jimmy. He did have a point. Very few Japanese people knew the Hawaiians even HAD their own language still. It was always fun to call them things straight to their face without them realizing it. Of course, it had gotten me in trouble on more then a few occasions.

"Hawaii is the most beautiful place Iv'e ever seen! I miss it sometimes....but I lived here in Japan for a while before being sent here after my last accident" Kai replied.
Kai Karasawa
Kai Karasawa

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmy Cohen Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:05 am

Jimmy nodded.
"I know what you mean. No matter what, it still feels like home there, right? It feels like that's where you belong. I miss Australia too, I can't stand Tokyo any longer... But I quite like it here, it's peaceful and the people are great. It's easy to settle into being yourself, there's a rhythm to everything here that I'm finding pretty natural."
Jimmy Cohen
Jimmy Cohen

Back to top Go down

Post by Kai Karasawa Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:55 am

Kai folded my arms and thought for a moment then shrugged "I guess so" he said, not really being able to follow what he was saying, but was going to try and save face anyway. The awkward silence that would follow bothered Kai, so he decided upon a new topic.

"So, what're you in for?" He asked casually.
Kai Karasawa
Kai Karasawa

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmy Cohen Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:06 am

"Heh, maybe I'm just projecting..." Jimmy confessed with a sheepish grin.

"Lung collapse. Usually they recover normally, but something about the trauma meant my lung couldn't handle a full recovery. So I've got this thing to try and stop another collapse. That's the basic run-down, but there were botched surgeries and infections involved too, but I won't bore you with all that.
Jimmy Cohen
Jimmy Cohen

Back to top Go down

Post by Kai Karasawa Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:28 pm

Kai nodded my head and replied with a grin "I probably wouldn't understand most of what you would say anyway...Myself, I'm here because I have a semi-serious case of Hemophilia. Basically, when I start to bleed, I won't stop for several hours. Parents sent me here because I was too dangerous to myself, and needed a close eye on me"
Kai Karasawa
Kai Karasawa

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmy Cohen Sat Nov 01, 2014 1:03 am

"Believe me, I don't understand much of it myself. Dangerous to yourself, eh? So I take it you're some kind of adrenaline junkie?"
Jimmy Cohen
Jimmy Cohen

Back to top Go down

Post by Kai Karasawa Sun Nov 02, 2014 6:10 pm

"I guess it's something like that. But I prefer the term 'Adventurous Spirit'" Kai replied with a laugh.
Kai Karasawa
Kai Karasawa

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmy Cohen Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:08 pm

"That's as good a term for it as any, I suppose" Jimmy laughed.

"I don't get to do much in the way of adventurous things now, given that my lung probably wouldn't like to comply. Believe it or not, I used to be fairly athletic. Are you sporty at all, or just kinda 'adventurous', as you put it?"
Jimmy Cohen
Jimmy Cohen

Back to top Go down

Post by Kai Karasawa Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:05 pm

((Sorry, been busy))
"Iv'e never really played any organized sports, mostly just pick-up games with friends" Kai replied "So I can't really say either way....what did you used to play?"
Kai Karasawa
Kai Karasawa

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmy Cohen Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:38 pm

[I get it, no worries.]

"Yeah, I mostly did running. Long distance was my thing. But I'm into baseball and soccer too. Can't really do any of them anymore, but I still watch a lot."
Jimmy Cohen
Jimmy Cohen

Back to top Go down

Post by Kai Karasawa Sat Nov 15, 2014 6:28 pm

"Oh, sorry to hear that" I replied with a slight frown. "Anyways, next class is starting soon, you should get going"
Kai Karasawa
Kai Karasawa

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmy Cohen Sun Nov 16, 2014 10:38 pm

"Heh. There's no point in going back, I covered all this year's material with a tutor while I was in hospital, I don't really need to be in class at all most of the time. But if you're wanting to get back, I understand."
Jimmy Cohen
Jimmy Cohen

Back to top Go down

Post by Kai Karasawa Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:51 am

Kai grinned "Lucky you then" 'If you could consider something like that lucky' He said, thinking the second portion to himself. "I don't WANT to go back, I just don't want a truancy officer sticking their nose into my business. Not yet anyway." Kai said before walking towards the stairwell. "It was nice to meeting you. We should hang some time"
Kai Karasawa
Kai Karasawa

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmy Cohen Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:43 am

"Yeah, I'm definitely lucky in that regard at least."

He chuckled at Kai's response.

"Well, I suppose that makes as much sense as anything. When you do want one of them sticking their nose in your business, I'm always around. I agree, we definitely should hang out some time, man. Nice to meet you too." He smiled warmly at his new acquaintance.
Jimmy Cohen
Jimmy Cohen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down