KS: The New Generation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Private] Just a "normal" walk-in.

2 posters

Go down

[Private] Just a "normal" walk-in. Empty [Private] Just a "normal" walk-in.

Post by Chiharu Kinai Sat Nov 08, 2014 6:41 am

The first week of October...

Despite her careful gait, every step Chiharu took reverberated off the cold hard walls around her as she walked the empty halls leading to the nurse's office. The echoes did not help calm her nerves in the slightest. She considered turning around, the irrational idea that, "if she didn't tell anybody about it, that she could go a little longer believing it isn't true", crossed her mind a few times. But as soon as she poked her head into the open door, there was no more denial.

She gently knocked on the door frame and spoke with a timid tone, which is uncharacteristic for her, as she said, "Hey, uh, you accept walk ins, right?"
Chiharu Kinai
Chiharu Kinai

Back to top Go down

[Private] Just a "normal" walk-in. Empty Re: [Private] Just a "normal" walk-in.

Post by Declan Carrick Sat Nov 08, 2014 7:33 pm

Declan was just looking over the data of other students as a voice he hadn't heard in nearly a year was heard through the door.  He was listening to music and had sworn he closed the door before turning it on. He hardly heard Kinai speak but made out that she had some pressing matter by her expression alone. "Yes, if you need something, you could take a seat."

"I'll cut the music, I wasn't expecting anyone."
Declan Carrick
Declan Carrick

Location : Sendai, Miyagi Prefecture, Japan (The correction was given me by Toshiaki's roleplayer)

Back to top Go down

Post by Chiharu Kinai Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:46 pm

As she enters the room, closing the door behind her, she puts on a deliberate smile while saying, "I wasn't expecting to have to be here..."
<You know you're stalling with idle chatter, chiharu. Just say it!>
She hops onto the chair, the thin sterile paper crinkling under her as she says, "But, here I am."
<You're going to have to tell him why you're here eventually>
Chiharu Kinai
Chiharu Kinai

Back to top Go down

Post by Declan Carrick Sun Nov 09, 2014 1:39 am

With an expectant look, Declan appears as if to already asked the question rather than having made it by then. He turns to face her and opens up the proprietary check-in software, waiting to key in her name until after she answered him. "What brings you to my office? You seem unlike yourself today but not in any particular way." His fingers waver over the keyboard as the cursor on the screen blinks awaiting her answer just as much as he.
Declan Carrick
Declan Carrick

Location : Sendai, Miyagi Prefecture, Japan (The correction was given me by Toshiaki's roleplayer)

Back to top Go down

Post by Chiharu Kinai Sun Nov 09, 2014 4:22 am

<C'mon just say it, he has to abide by doctor patient confidentiality, so you don't have to worry about him telling anyone. Just get it done and over with already!>

Chiharu took a deep breath before she blurted out her response, "I'm pregnant."
Upon giving her answer she stared at Declan expectantly, hoping he could take carry the conversation from here.
Chiharu Kinai
Chiharu Kinai

Back to top Go down

Post by Declan Carrick Sun Nov 09, 2014 7:25 am

There was a thought running through Declan's head, given the week he's had. It was on the first stretch of a five kilometer marathon run. It gave no effort other than its very best to make its way through every synapse, every neuron until it reached his mouth so as to speak. Meanwhile, we shall make more of the pause between her outburst and Declan no longer being nigh catatonic in his silence. This wasn't expected of anyone in this school and there have been no such reports of this in the past fifteen years of this establishment. Students for one reason or another didn't bring themselves to be acquainted with one another that way perhaps because of their disabilities, the stigma surrounding such an act in this nation or how romance, at least in the public eye in this school was rather chaste compared to the rest of the world. This is something Declan knew as normal for teenagers now, but somehow, just not here. Not Yamaku. Kinai was serious, it was evident in her body language, it was evident in how uncomfortable it was for her to say and how she continued to feel during the pause. The marathon ended and the winning thought as his tone became rather professional was:

"As you know, I am bound by a strict ethos, a confidentiality agreement whenever any student comes through this door. As such, I hope you could trust me enough to believe that what is said in this room will not leave these four walls. Our first line of questioning is about the how long it has been since you've had sex, as to better guide you through this process. How long ago was this? This is to know the stage of pregnancy you're currently under."
Declan Carrick
Declan Carrick

Back to top Go down

Post by Chiharu Kinai Sun Nov 09, 2014 8:29 am

<4 weeks and 2 days. Just as school was returning from summer break>
There is a short pause before Chiharu gives her answer, seeming a bit more comfortable as she is speaking, "About a month ago. I found out for sure last sunday, and I know I should've come here sooner, but.."
<But I was being stupid and hormonal and I was in denial and I thought maybe I could go longer on my own>
She finishes her statement with a shrug and a swift, "I don't know..."
There is a short pause as Chiharu looks out the window and takes an audible breath before she looks back toward Declan to say, "So, I guess this is the part where you brief me on how this whole, being pregnant thing, works."
Chiharu Kinai
Chiharu Kinai

Back to top Go down

Post by Declan Carrick Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:24 am

The fact he didn't want ever have to do this would have to be cast aside for now. What matters is giving students in need the proper briefings pertaining to what was happening with them. Declan cleared his throat and began the long list he was obliged to rattle off.

"At 4 weeks, you're right around the time the first few instances of PMS should be occurring and if not, then you should come to expect it soon, anytime now, in fact. You might but shouldn't precisely expect something that is called 'Implantation Bleeding', which occurs as the embryo tries to align itself with the uterine wall."

"What PMS is in short terms is the cluster of symptoms that co-opt themselves with pregnancy; cramping, morning sickness, nausea, sore breasts and the like. From herein, had you not been watching your diet lately, I would advise you to keep a strict eye on what you intake. No caffeine, no junk food, and generally anything I have in this here brochure."

Declan hands over the brochure he had laying around the desk. It is carnation pink, with white borders, in the direct center reads "Nutrition Guidelines For Expectant Mothers." in a nice, crisp, easy to read sans-serif font.

"There's some more here on the table somewhere..."
He then hands out a few more, each pertaining to next steps for just about every step of the way. "I suppose I should have given these to you earlier. "These go over quite about everything you'd want to know. Also, before I forget, could you please tell me which medications you're currently taking. It would appear my...blasted computer has a chill, a right freeze. We're most likely going to have to replace a few. Conflicts with the budding child and all."
Declan Carrick
Declan Carrick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down