KS: The New Generation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A new book for those late nights

3 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

A new book for those late nights - Page 2 Empty Re: A new book for those late nights

Post by Nayumi Tachibana Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:23 am

The girl closed her eyes when Taizai sat down on the beanbag next to her, hoping that he wouldn't get too close. If he even touched her, he would have found out more than her hand was prosthetic, and this was something Nayumi wanted to avoid at all costs. She instinctively pulled the bandana over her mouth up again before finally relaxing a bit.

So what are you drawing Ms. Tachibana?, the boy asked her. Even though she didn't really like showing unfinished work to strangers, it was far too late to hide it now. "It's, um... A creature..." she speaks quietly, not sure what else she could say about it.
Spoiler:
Nayumi Tachibana
Nayumi Tachibana

Back to top Go down

A new book for those late nights - Page 2 Empty Re: A new book for those late nights

Post by Taizai Hikari Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:35 am

He studies it intently.

"This is really good. I like this a lot. You are a great artist!"

He nods and smiles softly before moving a bit further away to make her feel more comfortable.

"I hope I can see more some day."

He starts reading the book he chose.
Taizai Hikari
Taizai Hikari

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayumi Tachibana Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:53 am

Nayumi watches carefully as Taizai analyzes her drawing. This was one of the main reasons she preferred to show off her works online - she didn't have to wait for the verdict like that. Personally, she was proud of her art, but she could certainly understand why others might be turned off by it. Fortunately, the boy next to her wasn't.

This is really good. I like this a lot. You are a great artist!, he says and smiles softly at her. Nayumi's face turns red as her big eyes remain focused on him. She was used to getting compliments online, but people rarely commented on her work in real life, especially not like that. After a few seconds, she finally averts her gaze. "Um... T-thanks..." Nayumi says quietly and looks back down at her picture once more. I hope I can see more some day, Taizai responds. For a second, the girl wonders whether or not it's a good idea to let him know that she has a lot more of her art already uploaded on DeviantArt, but ultimately decides against it. "S-sure... I'll show you... When I can..." she says without looking back at him.
Nayumi Tachibana
Nayumi Tachibana

Back to top Go down

Post by Taizai Hikari Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:20 am

"Thanks...so, what brought you here Tachibana-san? I'm curious."

He smiles as begins to read page 1.
Taizai Hikari
Taizai Hikari

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayumi Tachibana Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:27 am

Nayumi looks back at him. What did he mean, what brought her here? He certainly wasn't asking about what her disability was... was he? No, that probably wasn't it... He probably wanted to know what she was doing in the library. Even though it was obvious, she still decided that she had to respond. "I, um... Needed a quiet place to draw... I'm not good with crowds" she speaks quietly, a bit unsure of herself, then averts her eyes back to her drawing.
Nayumi Tachibana
Nayumi Tachibana

Back to top Go down

Post by Taizai Hikari Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:28 am

He chuckles softly.

"I know that, but I meant to the school in general..."

He closes the book and looks at her still having a friendly smile on his face.
Taizai Hikari
Taizai Hikari

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayumi Tachibana Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:38 am

Nayumi's eyes open wide. So, he really was asking about her disability after all... Did that mean he had noticed something unusual about her voice, or her hand? Oh no... She wasn't ready to deal with something like this! Almost in a panic, the girl hugged her sketchbook close to her and jumped up. "I, um... I... T-the lunch break is almost over... I should be going back to class..." she says quickly before turning around and practically running away from the library.
Nayumi Tachibana
Nayumi Tachibana

Back to top Go down

Post by Taizai Hikari Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:53 am

"Tachibana-san! I'm sorry...I didn't mean to offend you..."

He holds his hand out to stop her but stops as she runs out.

"Way to go Taizai...you scared her away...idiot."

He sighs and tries to look for her so he can apologize.
Taizai Hikari
Taizai Hikari

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayumi Tachibana Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:30 am

After running away from the library, Nayumi walks up to the nearest wall and leans against it. "Shit..." she quietly swears to herself. She was a coward, and she knew it perfectly well. Instead of explaining politely that she wasn't comfortable with others knowing about her... unique condition, she always took the easy way out and ran away. But, as much as she wanted to, she couldn't help it, that's just how she was. With the sketchbook still pressed firmly against her chest, Nayumi takes a step forward... and realizes that she has no idea where her classroom is. After all, it was only her first day at the school, and she stormed out of the room in search of the library as soon as the lunch break began. She knew which class she was in, obviously, but other than that, the school was like a maze to her. Nayumi looks around, desperately trying to find someone from her class that she could follow, but she didn't really pay much attention to her classmates when she first saw them this morning. As much as she didn't want to admit it, the girl was completely lost.
Nayumi Tachibana
Nayumi Tachibana

Back to top Go down

Post by Taizai Hikari Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:49 am

He walks around looking for her to no avail.

"Dammit Taizai, you scared her off and now she is probably lost...god I'm such a dick."

He walks right past her without noticing at first but he stops to ask her a question.

"Excuse me...have you seen a girl that ran by..."

He notices he was talking to the person he was looking for after quite some time.

"Never mind Look, Tachibana-san, I am sorry for scaring you off. I really didn't mean it and I'm sorry. Let me walk you to your next class to make up for it."

He smiles reassuringly to prov how sorry he is.
Taizai Hikari
Taizai Hikari

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayumi Tachibana Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:04 am

Nayumi looks away as she notices that Taizai is running after her. Why was he so insistent on knowing what her disability is, anyway? Is this what she would have to deal with from now on? Maybe coming to school wasn't such a good idea after all... The girl places her hand over her bandana instinctively, desperately trying to hide her presence, but naturally, it doesn't work, at least not for long. Soon, the boy is back in front of her and talking again.
Look, Tachibana-san, I am sorry for scaring you off. I really didn't mean it and I'm sorry. Let me walk you to your next class to make up for it, he suggests. Nayumi carefully looks back at him. So... he wasn't going to ask why she was there again? Well, that was unexpected! A bit relieved, the girl nods her head. "Uhm... Okay... I was kinda lost, anyway... Do you know where class 1-3 is?" she asks quietly, still holding her hand over her bandana to prevent Taizai from noticing that her mouth wasn't moving when she spoke.
Nayumi Tachibana
Nayumi Tachibana

Back to top Go down

Post by Taizai Hikari Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:11 am

He nods excitedly.

"Yeah, that's my class! Here come with me, I'll show you so you don't get lost."

He starts walking next to her as the bell for class rings.

"Well...looks like we are late. Don't worry we won't get in trouble."

He chuckles softly.
Taizai Hikari
Taizai Hikari

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayumi Tachibana Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:23 am

Nayumi was most certainly surprised to learn that the boy was in her class. She didn't really notice him when she first entered this morning, but then again, she didn't pay too much attention to anyone. The girl didn't even introduce herself to the class when she walked in. All she did was go sit in the corner, as far away from everyone else, and open her sketchbook. Now that she actually knew someone from her class, maybe adapting would become a bit easier for her... Or maybe not. "Um... Okay" she nods and begins following Taizai towards their classroom. Just a few seconds later, the bell starts ringing loudly. Well...looks like we are late. Don't worry we won't get in trouble, the boy says and chuckles. Nayumi looks at him. "Why are you so sure?" she asks curiously.
Nayumi Tachibana
Nayumi Tachibana

Back to top Go down

Post by Taizai Hikari Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:28 am

"Because you are a new student I will let them know that I was giving you a tour of the campus. They will understand."

He nods as the turn a corner.

"So, have you been in town long?"
Taizai Hikari
Taizai Hikari

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayumi Tachibana Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:33 am

The girl simply nods after Taizai finishes his explanation. His plan to get them out of trouble made perfect sense, and there was no reason for her not to go with it. So, have you been in town long?, the boy asks her. Nayumi looks away before responding, still trying to hide her abnormalities from him, even though there probably wasn't a point anymore. "Not long... I moved in two days ago..." she admits. "But I didn't really leave my dorm room until today..."
Nayumi Tachibana
Nayumi Tachibana

Back to top Go down

Post by Taizai Hikari Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:40 am

"I see...did you need help unpacking your things later? I'd be more than willing to help."

They reach the classroom and he stops her outside the door.

"Alright, you go in first and I'll follow. You go sit down while I explain why we were late."

He looks in her eyes and smiles softly.
Taizai Hikari
Taizai Hikari

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayumi Tachibana Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:07 am

"N-no, it's okay!" Nayumi quickly speaks out out after Taizai offers to help her unpack. There was no way she would ever let anyone in her room! That was her own, personal place! She could be herself there - do whatever she wanted and dress the way she wanted, without needing to hide behind two layers of clothing. Besides, she didn't really have all that much personal stuff - just her art supplies and some clothes, and she had already unpacked and utilized both. Alright, you go in first and I'll follow. You go sit down while I explain why we were late, Taizai says with a smile. Nayumi nods and carefully walks in. Just as she expected, everyone in the class is already there, sitting behind their desks. When she realizes they're all staring at her, she goes red in the face and promptly looks down, not liking the attention one bit.
Nayumi Tachibana
Nayumi Tachibana

Back to top Go down

Post by Taizai Hikari Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:12 am

He follows behind her and looks at her to make sure she gets to her sot without getting too scared at the stares. He walks up to the teacher.

"Sorry we were late sir. I was giving Ms. Tachibana here a tour of the campus since she is a new student and I lost track of time."

The teacher looks at him trying to see if he is lying at all.

Teahcher: "Alright, but next time pay attention. Now please Mr. Hikari, take your seat."

Taizai nods and takes his seat which is on the opposite end of the room by the window.
Taizai Hikari
Taizai Hikari

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayumi Tachibana Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:25 am

The girl carefully observes the conversation between Taizai and the teacher. As much as she didn't like to admit it, she was indebted to him - after all, he already saved her twice. When the boy finally takes his spot on the opposite end of the room, Nayumi turns her head to him, with a look of gratitude in her eyes. She really wanted to smile at him instead, but unfortunately, smiling was one of the many things her... condition didn't allow her to do.
Nayumi Tachibana
Nayumi Tachibana

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2