KS: The New Generation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[PRIVATE] Forgive Me, My Friend

2 posters

Go down

[PRIVATE] Forgive Me, My Friend Empty [PRIVATE] Forgive Me, My Friend

Post by Ryuu Ishitawa Mon Nov 03, 2014 3:11 am

Ryuu was in his room doing his homework questions he had forced himself to do since he wanted to keep his studies compressed in his mind as much as possible. He had his stereo system playing "Cover of Big Blue's Theme" from some old racing arcade game. He had it at a mellow volume so he could concentrate instead of messing around with everything in his room. He was clad in his black cotton kimono, which kept him feeling cool instead of hot inside this dirty room of his.
The entirely of the room was messy. Clothes on the floor, the trash can was filled to the brim and the room smelled slightly stale, but it was what he called home right now. He looked up from his studies and looked towards the window, staring outside for a second before he looked to his katana which he had leaning against the windowsill. his eyes lingered on it before he put his pen down, stood up and walked towards it, picking it up and pulling it out of it's covering, revealing a dark blue sheath, which has a dragon symbol on it.

/If the ones back home find out that I'm neglecting my training to study, Grandma wouldn't mind, but Ayane is going to be a pain to get this to her.../ Ryuu thought.

He knew that he could still play his guitar when ever he wanted to, but swordsmanship of the degree he had been trained at, he’s have to find out if there was a gym he could train at. Even though he couldn’t speak, he was a fairly normal citizen, and neglecting something like this was going to be a pain.
He held it in a stance and slowly unsheathed the blade, looking at its former glory before he had thrown it in the storage-room-of-a-dorm-room he ‘owned’.

/Forgive me, Kamikaze, for I had put you aside for that guitar./

He sheathed the blade and wrapped it up again before placing it in the place he had found it; back against the windowsill. He looked around the room once again. /I’m going to have to clean up. Studies can wait./ Ryuu thought as he proceeded to open the window, letting a breeze in to help him clear his mind, and to change the air inside the room. He began picking up his clothes, but it was not long until he heard a knock at the door.
Ryuu Ishitawa
Ryuu Ishitawa

http://z13.invisionfree.com/Dragon_Lore/index.php?act=idx

Back to top Go down

[PRIVATE] Forgive Me, My Friend Empty Re: [PRIVATE] Forgive Me, My Friend

Post by Jimmy Cohen Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:05 am

Jimmy laughed.
"...It's organised chaos. I can still find anything you want me to in this room!" He argued, gesturing around the modest room. There was an equal balance of fairly tidy areas and areas like his desk which had small odds and ends strewn across it. His father and brother were looking at him from the screen of his laptop, the small disc of the camera integrated above the screen serving to bring Ray and Joseph into Jimmy's world.
"I'd love to see that. Where's your first football at then?" Ray asked. Jimmy folded his arms and glared at his father.
"Tokyo."
"Oh, right." Ray said, sounding disappointed.
Joseph gave a toothless grin to the camera, drawing his brother's attention to him once again.
"Hey buddy, how are you doin'? You good? Look at that giant smile, you're a cheery one aren't ya?" Jimmy asked softly, in the high-pitched tone of voice everyone uses to talk to babies.
"That's a good thing, no brother of mine's gonna be a little grump, is he?" He grinned back and Joseph giggled happily. Jimmy took a breath from his oxygen tank and Joseph laughed even harder, the sound of the gas rushing through the plastic tube entertaining him.
"You like that, huh?" Jimmy smiled. He took a second hit from the tank and Joseph laughed again. Jimmy looked at the time, realising he'd kept them long enough.
"Ah, I'd better go, guys." He said.
"You sure?" Ray asked.
"Yeah, I'll leave you to it."
"Ok."
"Bye, Ray. Bye, Joe!" Jimmy said, putting much more enthusiasm and joy in his voice as he addressed Joseph. He quit the video chat and closed his laptop down with a pang of guilt.

He'd done a few hours of studying earlier today, but nothing as intensive as his fellow students at Yamaku, who were all hitting the textbooks like their lives depended on it. And in a way, their lives did depend on it. Jimmy was lucky he didn't have to take such an intensive approach, but he felt guilty that he was being stressed out by what little he was giving himself. But he knew the material inside out, and was making sure that continued to be the case. Senior year was going to be one hell of a ride. He stood up and stretched out, looking down at the black t-shirt covered in vibrant pieces of art depicting flowers, skulls, dragons and all sorts with the colours of these small designs being made to look as though they were dripping like wet graffiti. Jimmy coughed loudly and took yet another breath from the oxygen tank.

Something was bothering Jimmy, though. Ryuu. Jimmy had seen practically nothing of Ryuu, and while that wasn't the issue, it made Jimmy feel like he'd been something of a neglectful friend. Jimmy knew that his friend was studying himself to an early grave with the amount of stress he'd been putting on himself, so Jimmy resolved to drop by Ryuu's room and see how he was doing. After all, everyone needed a break sometimes.

He made his way up the stairs of the dorm building slowly, oxygen tank in tow. He got to the door of Ryuu's room and knocked.
Jimmy Cohen
Jimmy Cohen

https://twitter.com/AceOfSpades_VN

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryuu Ishitawa Mon Nov 03, 2014 2:40 pm

(OOC: Mood~ Music~: Feita Village - Elsword NA OST)

Ryuu piled up the clothes onto his bed quickly all before he went for the door as quickly as he could. Opening it slightly to see who it was before fully flinging open and walking away from the door to let Jimmy into his room. He unplugged his tablet before tapping at it quickly holding it up at his friend with one hand, looking away at his now organized pigsty, with his mind set on cleaning his room, calculating what he should go onto do and how to get it done the fastest and most effective.

{Hey Jimmy. Make yourself at home. I'll just get this finished quickly so we can move onto something better. Sorry this place is such a mess.}

He took his trash can, picking up the bits and pieces of rubbish around it, placing into into the plastic bag and tied it tightly, then put that outside his room before turning to Jimmy, waving him into the room before silently closing the door. Ryuu opened his wardrobe, causing the sparring gloves he had hanging on the corner of on it to fall off, bopping him on the head before making a quiet 'thump' on the floor. He picked them up, looking nervously at Jimmy. he placed them on top of his textbooks before pulling his chair sitting on it backwards and pointed to the empty portion of the bed, indicating he could sit there. He then pulled out a small table and placed a medium sized bag of gummy sweets and smiled weakly at Jimmy.

{Sorry I couldn't provide my guest with anything more. How rude of me, but right now, I'm feeling a little out of it. How have you been lately and what brings you here, friend? You've caught me at a weird time. Anything new going on in the world outside?}
Ryuu Ishitawa
Ryuu Ishitawa

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmy Cohen Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:43 pm

"Yo, good to see you man. Don't worry yourself too much about the state of the place, I know how it is. Mine's pretty much the same." Jimmy remarked, trying to suppress a laugh as Ryuu was assaulted by the pair of sparring gloves. He sat at the spot on the bed that Ryuu had indicated towards and read the message on the tablet.

"You worry too much, buddy. I don't need anything in particular. Just wanted to drop by and see how you were doing, I haven't really seen you since the party. I know you're probably killing yourself with studying whilst still feeling unprepared for the exams, so I came here to give you a chance to slow down and get outside of your own head for a bit. I know how taxing introspection can be. Not too much is going on, I told you about Joseph, right?" Jimmy paused for a moment.

"Wait, I didn't... did I? Well, either way, I've got a little half-brother, Joseph in Oz now. He's just a little over a month old and he's so damned cute. I just got off a video call with him and my father. Anyways, enough about me, how are you holding up? You must have been up to something more than just studying with how busy you've been, right?" Jimmy raised his eyebrows at his friend, hoping the answer to his last question was 'yes'.
Jimmy Cohen
Jimmy Cohen

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryuu Ishitawa Tue Nov 04, 2014 2:58 am

{A little brother? So cute! You better take good care of him.}

Ryuu 'exclaimed'. The closest he had to a sibling had been Ayane, and he knew how important she was to him, so he thought that Jimmy's relationship with his younger half-sibling would be that they were, in a sense, close.

{More thinking than studying. Ever since the party, just looking at my guitar is giving me a headache... Many things have been going through my head, and I feel the more I try to play the guitar, it's sapping my energy out of me... If catch my drift.}

He pointed at it, making a weird groaning noise (which sounded more like a grunt), then stood up from the chair and stretched a bit. He really wasn't in the mood for making any long-winded explanations, but Jimmy was a good friend of his, unlike how he had been acting, secluding himself just to keep away his negativity from rubbing off onto others. He felt it would be taking too much energy to interact with others sometimes, even when he wanted to, whether it was during classes or outside of them.

And so he would 'run off' to keep away from all this, while preoccupying himself with his studies. In reality, he didn't really have to study. He was already on top of his subjects, and was just going over what he had learnt from the beginning and just give himself something to kill his bordem other than just putting on some music and going to sleep with it.

Still stood up, Ryuu walked again towards his window, picking up Kamikaze, unwrapping it and showing it to Jimmy.

{This is my prized possession, other than my manga collection.}

He grinned, pointing to his bookshelf which was filled with different books, each with a different volume number on it's spine.

{I know a little kendo and hand-to-hand combat, but with this swotting that I'm doing all the time, seems I've been neglecting my training. Don't know how I should feel about that. I know that a certain someone I know isn't going to be too happy about that.}

He fished out a photo from a small red-and-golden box on his desk, handing Jimmy a photo of himself and Ayane from a year back.

{That's Ayane. Since you told me about your little brother, I thought I'd return that favour. She's closer to me than anyone else, but we're not related by blood. She was my sparring partner when I lived in Kyoto with my grandparents. We exchanged many things, but we acted as each other's siblings, since we were both only children. She's the one thing that kept me sane throughout my re-training after the accident.}

Ryuu Emphasized his last point by pointing at his throat.

{You can unsheathe it if you like, just be careful. That's thing's pretty sharp.}
Ryuu Ishitawa
Ryuu Ishitawa

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmy Cohen Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:17 am

Jimmy seemed pretty thoughtful for a moment as he formulated a response.
"For sure. I'll take care of him as best I can, but Melbourne's a long way from here, I feel kinda powerless. I've got an older stepsister back in Tokyo too. I don't think I've mentioned her yet either. Ayuko's her name. We're just like biological brother and sister, we certainly bicker as much. We grew up together. When Mom moved in with her Dad it was a weird time for both of us. We just managed to gel. It's funny, before everything that got me here, I was the one protecting her. After my… uh, incident, she became the one protecting me. I went to a dark place while I was in that hospital, nine months trapped with nothing but your own thoughts and death breathing down your neck will do that to you. She helped me move forwards, but I'd be lying if I said I was completely past it. My point is, don't get yourself stuck. Thoughts tend to get dark when they float around in your mind for too long. Maybe you should leave the guitar for a while, get your thoughts straightened up and get out of the endless cycle that can come with it. I know where some of that leads, and it isn't a good place. Don't shut yourself out. Running away doesn't get you anywhere you want to be going."

Jimmy was equally surprised and impressed by the sword Ryuu produced, he knew that Ryuu had practiced kendo, but it was still kind of odd to see the ornate sword. He then looked to the photograph of Ryuu and Ayane. They both seemed very happy, and it practically dripped with nostalgia for times that were probably not actually that long ago. It reminded Jimmy of the photos he had of Ayuko or Hikari, that filled his phone's memory bank alongside the countless pictures of Joseph and large amounts of music.

"Kamikaze, eh? I'm not gonna lie, that name's badass as hell. So, Ayane is to you as Ayuko is to me, I suppose. She's pretty cute too..." Jimmy said with a wink as he slowly unsheathed the sword with care.

"I've never handled a sword before. I'll try not to behead myself, but I'm not making any guarantees." He joked as he finally took the sharp blade out of the sheath. The sunlight reflected off the blade, making it look very grand indeed. Jimmy's eyes followed the blade as he carefully inspected it.

"Dude..." He grinned.
Jimmy Cohen
Jimmy Cohen

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryuu Ishitawa Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:10 am

Ryuu. looked the sword before another few thoughts ran. through his heaf. he frantically shook his head to rid them from his mind.

{no point in saying it is cool when I dont get to use it. been stuck in this rut for a while now, but you're right. Ayane would tell me to go see a doctor then go train like crazy to gey out of it. maybe I should.}

Ryuu should really stop thinking the way he was, but sometimes, it is inevitable. for someone in his place to think so. he was sick of standing in the place that he was.

Ryuu picked up his sparring gloves from the table and began to put them on.

{I have an idea on what I must do to get out of just studying. I'll begin training again, and try to get someplace where I can focus on training and studying. Playing my guitar can become a hobby or something. How's that work?}
Ryuu Ishitawa
Ryuu Ishitawa

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmy Cohen Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:09 am

Jimmy's gaze was still fixed on the sword for a while before he carefully lowered it and carefully attempted to sheath it again. He finally read Ryuu's tablet, realising he may have kept his friend waiting a while.

"Tell ya what, you go ahead and do just that. But I'm here, and I'm sure Ayane would be on your ass too if she knew the state you're in right now. So if you start struggling with this again, I want you to come straight to either me or her, whichever you'd prefer. Deal?"
Jimmy Cohen
Jimmy Cohen

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryuu Ishitawa Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:09 pm

Ryuu somewhat was taken back by Jimmy straightforwardness, but grinned either way.

{I won't guarantee that. I'm one stubborn person to deal with.}

Putting on the gloves and strapping them on, he did a few quick jabs with his fists before bumping his fists together.

{I'm not as fired up about this I should be, but it's somewhat of a start, and I'm really not as motivated as I want to feel}

Just as the flame of determination was beginning to relight in Ryuu's heart, he slumped back into the chair he was sitting in and rested his head on the back rest.

/What should I do...? Why can't I get out of this? Maybe because I don't mind my life going the way it is, closed off from the world..../
Ryuu Ishitawa
Ryuu Ishitawa

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmy Cohen Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:37 pm

"Oh, you wanna play the stubborn game, huh? Well, with my stepsister around, I learned from the best. I can play that game too, if that's how you're gonna be. Maybe if you're not motivated enough you should take a break and just put yourself out there a little bit more. Follow your passion, follow that fire in your belly." Jimmy said.

He saw Ryuu slump in his chair, and stood up, grabbing Ryuu by the shoulders and sitting him up straight.
"Get it together, man. Maybe you need to stop forcing yourself into things and overthinking. The first day we met, you seemed so peaceful. Think about the mindset you were in then. Think about that Yamaku breeze, eh? You seemed like you were in a good place then, maybe you just need to let go a little. Stop running. Stop breaking yourself apart. What's all this even for? Where does this get you?"

Jimmy couldn't hide a little frustration in his voice. He took this a little more personally than just the issue at hand. He'd had his own slump in the hospital and Ayuko had started to pull him out of it. He didn't want to see the same thing happen to his only friend. He tried to channel that frustrated, stubborn energy Ayuko had used in her countless lectures to him. It had helped him somewhat, and he knew he hadn't completed his journey out of that suffocating darkness. He wasn't in the place in his mind he strived to get to eventually, but he'd have been one hell of a long way further from it without his stepsister. But his journey could wait, Jimmy couldn't let his friend do this to himself. Jimmy needed to do the same thing Ayuko did for him, and the same thing he presumed Ayane would probably do for Ryuu.
Jimmy Cohen
Jimmy Cohen

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryuu Ishitawa Sun Nov 09, 2014 4:29 pm

Ryuu, after being forcefully sat up like he was, was starting to look and feel a little pissed off with Jimmy. He knew he meant well, and as his one friend in Yamaku, it was somewhat a personal job for him to fulfill, but he was already irritated with the world around him and his placement in it. He slapped Jimmy's hands off his shoulders and stood up, glaring at him before turning away to stand at the window, looking out of it and at the scenery before him.

/What is it the world wants me to do...?/

Just at that second, he snapped his head round, eyes wide and looked at his clock before quickly picking up his tablet and tapping on it for a few seconds before lifting it up to Jimmy.

{Oi, looks like you can hit two birds with one stone. How about Both you and Ayane help me find some sort of determination once more?}
Ryuu Ishitawa
Ryuu Ishitawa

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmy Cohen Sun Nov 09, 2014 5:58 pm

With the look in his eye and the rapid typing on the tablet, Jimmy could almost hear the way Ryuu would have snapped at him if he'd said those words. The bitterness and frustration that would have come from his mouth.

"Don't you think that's exactly what I want to do?"
Jimmy Cohen
Jimmy Cohen

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryuu Ishitawa Mon Nov 10, 2014 3:48 am

{Well it is, but methods unlikely contrast and differ from Person A to Person B.}

He intended for that sentence to make perfectly no sense, but to him, it had some sort of sense in this context. Ayane would just try to get him riled up enough to fight, and Jimmy was going for the more punishing verbal route.

He tapped a few more times on his tablet screen, sending a message to Ayane.

Ryuu - [-CONNECTION LINKED- Hey Ayane. I'm not feeling too shabby these days. How're you and Grandmother doing?]

It wasn't even a moment to type up a reply to Jimmy's question, and Ayane had sent a torrent of replies.

[AGAIN?! This time, you'll tell me your studying way too much, and haven't had time to practice your guitar or do your training! I'm coming to visit the Academy as your guardian of Grandma's behalf, so be ready.]

Ryuu - [Wait, why?! Why not just phone the Academy and ask about me?]

[Because it seems that you haven't seen one doctor since you enrolled.]

[And I really want to see my Ryuu t see how he's doing.]

[I have some good and bad news to tell you though...]

Ryuu - [Wait, bad news? What bad news?]

[You'll find out soon enough. -CONNECTION TERMINATED-]

Ryuu wasn't really scared of Ayane, even though he knew she bested him at swordplay, but became increasingly nervous with every passing second to what the bad news could be. He had many ideas in his head, but unlike many things he did, he pushed those away.

{Jimmy I could use some fresh air and a nice chat, since I've 'calmed down'. I'll need a change of scenery, to change my clothes and to take my bokken with me. How about the smallish tea house in town? My treat.}

Ryuu knew he had been treating Jimmy with some disrespect, so he want to somewhat make it up to him, and to it, it really was two bird with one stone, or one blade to be more precise.

Change of Scenery + Change of PERSONA = Ishitawa Ryuu (ver. 2.0)
Ryuu Ishitawa
Ryuu Ishitawa

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmy Cohen Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:30 am

"I, I... uh... Hmm." Jimmy was perplexed by Ryuu's first statement, which was cryptic at best and nonsensical at worst. He saw Ryuu tap away at his tablet, but this time it didn't seem aimed at Jimmy at all, as his friend never revealed what he was typing. Jimmy just looked around the room for a while, rather confused. After Ryuu finally typed to Jimmy again, he was in agreement.

"Sure, a change in scenery's always nice. I didn't even know there was a teahouse in town. You think they'll be cool with you bringing a bokken into the teahouse? Whatever, let's just go for it. I'm afraid we'll have to move slowly, though. Getting this thing down the hill to town takes a while." He said, patting the small trolley that held the oxygen tank.
Jimmy Cohen
Jimmy Cohen

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryuu Ishitawa Tue Nov 11, 2014 6:05 pm

{A long walk would be nice, cause it'll be good to chat about stuff. It'll be better if we continue this scenario someplace else. And if I gotta do this now, I thought we could tell two other students I met the other day to tag along, if you don't mind. Looks like I just may have to find them. I kind of annoyed one of them during our first encounter, and I've go to make it up to him for the. So, you don't mind?}

Ryuu awaited Jimmy's answer.
Ryuu Ishitawa
Ryuu Ishitawa

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmy Cohen Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:39 pm

"I agree. No, of course I don't mind. The more the merrier and all that, right?" Jimmy said, smiling. He paused and waited for a response before realising he'd spoken in English. He hastily repeated himself in Japanese.
Jimmy Cohen
Jimmy Cohen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down