KS: The New Generation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Private] The Arrival

+5
Takeshi
Vivian Sakui
Satoshi Veach
Eric Grimm
Sechs
9 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

[Private] The Arrival - Page 5 Empty Re: [Private] The Arrival

Post by Vivian Sakui Sun May 26, 2013 5:57 pm

When Vivian notices Eric barging into the room, she immediately realizes Satoshi will attack her next. Not wanting to experience even more pain at the hands of this sadistic boy, she quickly shuts down the door and runs off, leaving Eric and Satoshi all alone in the entire facility.
Vivian Sakui
Vivian Sakui

Back to top Go down

Post by Eric Grimm Sun May 26, 2013 5:58 pm

Eric sticks his arm out and clotheslines Satoshi.

"Not so fast, Mr Veach. I'm not that lenient. I came to speak to you about your apparent hatred of me."

The husks remove the struggling Satoshi from Eric and place him in the centre of the room and return to Eric's side.
Eric Grimm
Eric Grimm

Back to top Go down

Post by Satoshi Veach Sun May 26, 2013 6:16 pm

Before we start I make it completely clear how I feel about him.

"I could care less about you any longer."

"You only threatened Kuriko, remember?"

"You never attempted taking her life."
Satoshi Veach
Satoshi Veach

Back to top Go down

Post by Eric Grimm Sun May 26, 2013 6:24 pm

"I threatened her so you wouldn't do anything stupid." Eric replies. "Obviously it didn't work seeing as you keep trying to escape."

"I've just spoken to Mr. T, he says things have gotten crazy back at Yamaku. Everybody is out looking for you, the students I mean. You know what I've noticed? Nobody panics when things go "according to plan." Even if the plan is horrifying! If, tomorrow, I tell the press that, like, Gurasu or Robert have been kidnapped, nobody panics, because it's all "part of the plan". But when I say that one of the most popular students will disappear, well then everyone loses their minds! We've caused quite a hubbub."

Eric takes a step closer to Satoshi, "I'm not an evil person, Veach."
Eric Grimm
Eric Grimm

Back to top Go down

Post by Satoshi Veach Sun May 26, 2013 6:34 pm

"OOOooooh-I see."

I can't believe you practically just recited a line from Batman even if it is true...

"You're one of those kinds of people who just want to watch the world burn-right?"

I can't help but smile.

For once in the entire night-even though it is only a little-I am smiling for a short time.

"I'm not very popular, though. I'm just well known."

"It all changes when someone you know disappears. Be it someone you don't like or someone you do."
Satoshi Veach
Satoshi Veach

Back to top Go down

Post by Eric Grimm Mon May 27, 2013 2:36 am

[See? Batman.]

"Batman? Qué? I don't know what that is." Eric pulls a confused face.

"And I don't want the world to burn, that's counter-productive. You have a very wrong impression of me. I don't want to cause chaos, Mr T and I have very similar views - a world without death and weakness is a perfect world. And you're wrong, nobody panicked when Tazai Hikari or Sechs or Vivian went missing, they were just more careful on their way home. But when the great Satoshi Veach disappears? They form a militia. You have much more influence than you let on, Satoshi."
Eric Grimm
Eric Grimm

Back to top Go down

Post by Satoshi Veach Mon May 27, 2013 3:04 am

"I was quoting a classic."

I walk over to the bed and sit next to Kuriko. Placing my hand on her leg and caressing lightly against her skin with my thumb.

"But did many know them? I don't recal meeting any of them."

"When people saw the signs that they were missing, people just thought 'three people are missing' and 'better watch out for them.'"

"The same reaction people have when they see every missing sign of someone they don't know."
Satoshi Veach
Satoshi Veach

Back to top Go down

Post by Eric Grimm Mon May 27, 2013 1:32 pm

Eric lets out a sigh. "You're impossible to talk to." Eric gets up and walks closer to the young boy. "And now you've annoyed me again."

His phone makes a pinging noise, and looks at it with a smile.
Make sure Hatsuhara and Veach are secure. I shall be returning shortly to perform the surgery on Veach. - T

The Husks advance upon Satoshi and pin him against the wall again. "I've just received a message from Mr T." Eric wanders towards Kuriko and a third husk throws her over one shoulder. "He's decided to convert both of you anyway. I'm to make a start on Kuriko." He looks up and down Satoshi, and notices the exposure to the gas is taking its effect, and Satoshi looks like he's ready to keel over. [There will have been remnants of the gas in the air while we spoke, it will still have an effect.]

With that, Eric nonchalantly walks out of the room, leaving only a single husk to guard Satoshi, and doesn't even bother to lock the door. As he leaves the cell, he looks to his right and fails to notice there is nobody guarding the front door. He then walks left down the corridor with the husks and Kuriko and puts a lockdown on the inner facility by typing onto a keypad. A heavy metal door shuts off the rest of the facility to Satoshi.

[Now, you can try but you won't get into the inner facility. Should you choose to escape, the gas will take it's full effect and you'll pass out in the unknown wilderness, where you'll be picked up by an ambulance.]
Eric Grimm
Eric Grimm

Back to top Go down

Post by Satoshi Veach Mon May 27, 2013 4:50 pm

[OOC for him to leave someone behind so easily, but whatever you say. I'll implant the idea in Satoshi's head.]

I am weak but there is no way in hell I can just let him do anything to Kuriko.

"N-..No! He made a deal with me!!"

I get up off of the wall to move but I am shoved back by the militia.

...The lone militia...

He-...He left me...alone....with a single militia...

He left me alone...with one militia? Like...1-the number one?

Hm.

"Watch my legs.*

I cough in it's face a half-real cough from the gas to at least slightly stun it.

Enough to keep it from moving out of the way of my kick.

I lift my foot up and shove him back as if he were a door I breached.

The beast stumbles and hisses at me.

*HSS-*

*-SLAM!*

My fist connects with it's face.

Remember your boxing training.

I take my stance and move forward before connecting with my left hand to find the range, lowering my body, and uppercutting the militia right in the sweet spot.

Right underneath the end of the jaw. The place were the term 'seeing stars' makes sense.

The thing drops to the floor like a sack of potatoes. Still moving but stunned.

It's mindless so I need to move quickly. The thing started trying to get up before it even hit the ground.

And I need to remember those claws. How could I forget those...

Thinking quickly I get the metal toilet cover off of the floor on which it lie and walk up to the militia.

By now it's almost in a crouch.

"NO!"

I make a swiping kick to it's jaw one more time. Using the follow through to bring my leg up and stomp right into it's solar plexus. Another stunning movement.

This time it's to put him in a good spot for me.

And time to let the hammer fall.

"AAAAAAAAH!!!"

The blunt, metal shank swings down on my target.

*THUNK!*
Satoshi Veach
Satoshi Veach

Back to top Go down

Post by Eric Grimm Mon May 27, 2013 5:02 pm

[OOC? I don't think so. He's cocky, and has infinite faith in his creations. And in his excitement of making you squirm, simply didn't lock the door. Also I don't think anyone else is gonna reply to this, your move again. Also, I mean Yamaku students formed a militia, not T, Vivian, Sechs and me.]
Eric Grimm
Eric Grimm

Back to top Go down

Post by Sayuri Motozaki Mon May 27, 2013 8:31 pm

[I think Satoshi said he was mentally referring to the army of Husks as "the militia", like how he's referring to Sechs as "Colonist" and so on.

I'll be on my way now.]
Sayuri Motozaki
Sayuri Motozaki

Back to top Go down

Post by Eric Grimm Mon May 27, 2013 8:49 pm

[I did think that, but I was just clarifying seeing as I referred to the students as a militia in a post not too long ago.]
Eric Grimm
Eric Grimm

Back to top Go down

Post by Eric Grimm Tue May 28, 2013 1:43 am

[You gonna continue the great escape Satoshi?]
Eric Grimm
Eric Grimm

Back to top Go down

Post by Satoshi Veach Tue May 28, 2013 3:26 am

[OOC for ME to leave someone behind. As in Kuriko. And someone controlled the husk last time, I figured they'd just use the same profile. Oh well-there wasn't much it could of done differently since every move of mine except for the final blow were made to stun. XP
And I don't refer to them as the militia as a group. It sounds strange, but, to me, it seemed more smooth to call them militia in the same sense as you would moose. As in plural and singular usage are the same in a militia v.s. multiple militia.]

My weapon impacts the militia.

I raise it again. Ready to strike.

The militia is incapacitated and doesn't seem to be functioning properly.

I watch it struggle to keep alive with its head injury for a little before swinging again.

This time it ceases animation but an overwhelming urge grips me.

I am out for blood.

My arms do not stop moving.

Over and over I bring down my weapon.

*THUNK! THUNK! THUNK! THUNK!*

Inhale-exhale-inhale-exhale-in-

"NNGGGAH!!!!!"

*THUNK! THUNK! THUNK! CRACK!*

Its head splits. Blood runs upon the top of my shank and on the floor behind it.

A little on the ceiling as well from it touching against the weapon and being flung up in my angry swinging.

It doesn't take a homicide detective to know this attack was one filled with resentment and anger.

Inhale exhale inhale exhale-

*Mtchuh*

Inhale exhale inhale exhale...

My face looks up at the door.

Immediately, my left hand slams the handle down. The weapon in my hand. Dripping a little blood on the floor.

I enter the hallway and start to flinch toward the inner core of the facility-

I'm coming for you ERIC! IMP~~~!!!

-but something stops me.

...That inner core is more important.

It will have a separate door key-perhaps even a voice key, though, that is unlikely.

-Kuriko needs me-I simply cannot leave her behind!!

...Both her and I will die if I fail to enter the center. I am also in no shape to fight that large of a combat force.

Chance of successful completion of objection estimated to be approximately 3-5% with a 95-97% opposition.

Tactical conclusion: Next to suicide.

...But can I truly live to fight another day knowing I am incapable as a man?

Can I truly live like that?...

I will find some way to save Kuriko...

...Another day...

"...I love you...."

I turn the other way. First grabbing the empty canister of gas.

Going back in the room causes me to inhale a little more of the gas and cough a lot but it is worth it for my cause.

If I happen to be discovered, they have a military-grade clue as to how to treat me.

Also, there is a slight chance that some sort of DNA can be traced by the small traces of militia blood on it.

This time I can give the cops the whole story. It's all cybernetics.

I still don't know exactly what the militia are but the most likely choice is they are controlled by cybernetics as well.

I limp in a swooping line toward the workshop area and then the door. The gas taking a good amount of effect on me.

Key pad...

Shit-I don't know the combination!

*Sigh*

Plan B.

I look around. Attempting to find something of use.

Screw driver!

I take hold of it and stumble over to the key pad again with my hands full.

If I get outside, there is no way in Hell that could be useful.

That is range combat territory.

All it will do is slow my body down when it's in this condition.

I set down my bloody shank. There is no more use for it.

I lift the tool to the pad.

Pleasefitpleasefitpleasefitpleasefi~~~t!!

It grips the screw and begins to turn under my hand's stress.

Boom!

I tighten the other screws and set down the cover.

Deceit's still around here somewhere. I need to stay quiet.

I focus back on the task at hand.

Was always a breacher in nature. Startle someone and scar them. Stun them and put a gun to their head to make them submit.

I was never a hacker or a bomb disarmer.

...Much.

Okay, First, I need to find the power supply.

The key pad is a little more heavy duty and not anything new or high-tech.

This place was, clearly, built a long time ago and, consequently, has older security systems.

Not to mention it doesn't even seem like it was built to be used for something like what the Doctor uses it for.

Probably bought and converted. His focus is on cybernetics and security doesn't stem from that, unlike weapons or alloys.

Not his domain.

And that only makes my situation better.

Where was I?-Ah yes-the low-tech alarm system.

It's power supply is not hidden, due to the large cord cover running down the wall.

It's right in the right-hand side of the top.

That leads down to....this box...

...well fuck me-I don't know what that is-my knowledge of electrics is limited.

Alright, that box leads down to this funny shit right here and...

Oh, forget it-I can't even describe it.

Aaaah-waitaminutewaitaminutewaitaminute...

Alright-all I need to do is convert this into something I can infer upon.

Okay-the power supply runs over here...this creates a route for more currents to run with down into the area which connects downward to the keys.

More currents move to the right and connect into one-which leads to some sort of small computer chip-though a bit larger than more current models.

I INFER that, if I break that chip-but don't cut the wire-I will either...

A: Unlock the door.-Least likely.

B: Unlock the door and sound the alarm.-Likely.

C: Lock myself in.-Most likely.

Or D: Lock the door on both sides.-A little likely.

The odds are against me but what else is there to do? The only thing that will result in my escape is the least likely and it's even LESS likely that I will make it far before being picked up or found out.

I have to try. There is no other option left.

Now to find a sharp object-preferably a knife...

I hunt for that knife I need.

Searching the silhouettes. Finally finding a tool box.

But before I do....

My knowledge of random things seems to direct my attention over to a cutting torch. I have had a little experience with one due to the off chance that a neighbor needed help with a project and I was never the type to turn down such an opportunity as using a freakin' cutting torch.

Why didn't I think of that before?!?! The guy cuts such strong alloy-he NEEDS at least one of these! Why not in his workshop?

I take the torch and slowly lean-walk the large oxygen tank over half way to the door so the hose is long enough.

Alrightalright-now I need a flint spark lighter, protective clothing, and a welding mask.

I go back to the area, by which I found the torch, to look for my supplies.

I end up finding gloves, a heavy apron, the flint spark lighter, and a welding mask but no protective clothing.

Alright, I can use the apron to hide my legs and arms if I kneel down but what about my other arm?

I look back one more time and find some sort of cover for something. It isn't a cloth so I should be good.

Sweet-lets get started.

The door is not metal. It is a thick plastic-like substance.

Should be easy.

I turn on the gas flow and take my position.

I pick up the spark maker and put it to the nozzle.

*Chink!...Chink Chink!..Chink!*

*Chink-chink-chink-chink!*
"Da~mmi~t star~~~~t!"

*Chink! Chink!-FISSHHHHhhhhhhh~~*

*E*"Pop-son..."

I position my body fully behind the apron except for my arm using the torch covered by the tarp.

My hands covered by thick gloves.

"Here goes."

I lower the eye protector on my welder's mask and start.

Pausing briefly to cough again.

*-SSHHHHHHHHSsshhhhsssssssssssssssssssssssssss-*

The hot flame connects to the area around the lock. Slowly making an arc around.

Security alarms are usually set off by blunt force breaking it. Something like this shouldn't make any more noise than it does when the chunk of door hits the pavement.

It takes a little time but definitely less time than if the door were metal.

I make a wide arc and then cut that arc down toward the curve.

After I am done I turn off the oxygen and set down the torch a safe distance to prevent any accidents.

I slowly, with the gloves on, push the piece I cut to the right out. Making room to wedge out the piece connecting to the lock to be removed.

Alright, one more thing to get.

Clamps. I'd rather remove the lock part more gently to minimize chance of setting off the alarm.

I am still not out of the woods yet.

I go back to the area of tools and find something to grab the piece with while keeping my hands safe from the hot material with is starting to slightly catch fire.

Ah, damn plastic-I need to work.

Gently now....

I grab hold of the piece and slowly remove it from the slots.

[Well, do I trigger the alarm or not? Any flaws you guys noticed in my post? It is the longest post I've ever made after all, so I'd rather like to know what I need to fix.]

Last edited by Satoshi Veach on Tue May 28, 2013 8:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Satoshi Veach
Satoshi Veach

Back to top Go down

[Private] The Arrival - Page 5 Empty Actually....

Post by LQ-84i Tue May 28, 2013 4:53 am

I know Raiden has mentioned some off things about your posts. However, I've been tracking this whole thread for let's say, 3 days off and on and I have kept silent, however since you asked. Once again, I believe we can find some faults in this one post here. First off, where are these items coming from? This whole thread up to this point, seems to be mentioning items lying around that somehow seem to be conveniently placed for your usage, how you're attempting to procure these items seems to be trying to seep through facts that were already given to you.

In this post for instance, the inner part of the complex, as Eric had already told you was locked out. To my understanding albeit limited of architecture if I was going to have a workshop area in a complex such as this. I would have it in the inner complex. I don't believe you'd be able to get there with what was relayed to you. With that out of the way, anything that has to deal with said screwdriver is a moot point now, actually since you can't get into the workshop based on what was given. This whole post is well... a bit of a stretch. A stretch to the point I might regretfully ask you to at least redact everything pertaining to the workshop as much of a pain that is to do.

So the last thing I will note here, is this character's father was a iron worker yes? Why wasn't that stated in the character profile? We have a rule specifically stating you can't pull things from the past if it's not there. Even mentioning in one small sentence that he was born to an iron worker and whatever the mom was would be enough for you to go ahead and do that. I can't really make exceptions here.

I have to regretfully inform you to fix the post and keep in mind what is being relayed to you as this thread goes along. I'll tell you exactly where you're limited to being as it stands so you can think of something with this information. You have Kuriko's room and the main hall. That's the info I can relay to you myself.

LQ-84i
LQ-84i
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Satoshi Veach Tue May 28, 2013 8:18 pm

[Aaaah-yes. Thank you for answering my request for critique and I will answer your concerns and fix any mistakes.
The items I put into place in which they are likely to come from. All of the items I've used (for example, the toilet top in my cell) I have made sure were in appropriate spots.
As for the workshop explanation: The garage is were Takeshi receives any materials he uses. Unless there is some sort of access lift nearby and the workshop would be on a floor beneath, that supplies would be rather tedious and less time-efficient to move to the inner base-not to mention, access lifts would only likely be in place if it was a former military instillation, which would not make for a very secret base of operations. The inner base and it's security system are designed for keeping the integrity of their operation and limiting outside eyes. This means that the inner base is likely to hold Takeshi's private study, classified information cache, the surgical area, any type of briefing/meeting room, and of course the laboratory-where his new equipment that he uses almost fresh from manufacturing are fabricated. The workshop is an important part of manufacturing process but it is of less covert need. All a workshop would be used for is readying materials, forging materials together to make the different alloys needed, minor mechanics, and blacksmithing materials into the different shapes needed. Afterwards being sent to the lab where the other, more classified materials await to be assembled (Other workshop machines await in there for the smaller projects that require silence. The Skunk Works of the base). It would make sense to have a workshop next to where any large shipments of scrap metal or purchased materials are dropped off. All of the materials I've found and used in that area would be in a workshop. If you don't accept this answer-then honestly what else could you designate all of that valuable space other then a lobby? It's a large facility and doing something like paying for an add on to be done is quite risky if you wish to keep secrets. It's also incredibly expensive.
Yes, I figured that might be an issue so I already made an alternate way of how I would of found out such a thing in a less surprising way. You're either going to understand it or absolutely despise it, though. Really, it depends if you know anyone who has done something similar (if you don't, you do now. Me IRL. Razz).
If you don't like it though, I'll probably need suggestions because Satoshi was never given the chance to see the door code and I doubt there are many ways you can quietly open a heavy, locked door. A cutting torch is generally one of the more quiet methods. Messing with the key pad I would count as pretty loud since I myself would have called bullshit if someone said they did what I was going to do and got out.]

[Update: Came up with a more plausible reason for being able to work the torch. Edited it in my previous post.]

Last edited by Satoshi Veach on Tue May 28, 2013 8:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Satoshi Veach
Satoshi Veach

Back to top Go down

Post by Sayuri Motozaki Tue May 28, 2013 8:25 pm

[I thought Satoshi did get a look at the keypad when he went with Takeshi to the library? Just saiyan.]
Sayuri Motozaki
Sayuri Motozaki

Back to top Go down

Post by Satoshi Veach Tue May 28, 2013 8:31 pm

[The door code would likely be different from the first and second sections. It's multiple layers of security. A must for all government facilities and evil masterminds' secret bases.]
Satoshi Veach
Satoshi Veach

Back to top Go down

Post by Sayuri Motozaki Tue May 28, 2013 8:38 pm

[Ah, okay, fair enough. Carry on. Sorry if I keep interrupting Razz ]
Sayuri Motozaki
Sayuri Motozaki

Back to top Go down

Post by Satoshi Veach Tue May 28, 2013 8:47 pm

[It's fine. Your commentary has sparked plenty of discussion and opportunity to explain any vague points further. Makes it a little more interesting. L:]
Satoshi Veach
Satoshi Veach

Back to top Go down

Post by Eric Grimm Tue May 28, 2013 10:24 pm

[I thought I made it pretty clear that the only place to go was out of the door but.. Whatever, a workshop has magically appeared! Razz Not my decision but I guess there's not much else you can do.]
Eric Grimm
Eric Grimm

Back to top Go down

Post by Satoshi Veach Tue May 28, 2013 11:54 pm

[Dude. The door isn't going to be open. "Yeahyeah-I left the door unlocked...they could escape? Pffff-you's funny, man! Nah-we don' need no fancy locks or key pads." X)]
Satoshi Veach
Satoshi Veach

Back to top Go down

Post by Eric Grimm Tue May 28, 2013 11:57 pm

[That was the general idea of what was going to happen. But ok, your call. I guess we wait for Raidy-poos Razz]
Eric Grimm
Eric Grimm

Back to top Go down

Post by Raiden Wed May 29, 2013 3:11 am

Just get out of there already...
Raiden
Raiden
Admin

https://ksnewgen.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Satoshi Veach Wed May 29, 2013 4:09 am

[Yeahyeah, sure. LX]

*Sh-..shhk.*

*E* "Bingo, mate..."

I set the piece down nearby and nudge open the door with my foot.

My coughs are gradually starting to develop a wheezing noise to them.

Time to get the hell out of dodge.

I begin to make my way off of the driveway. Cutting over to the main roadway and staying on there.

Chances are, when they discover my absence they will come after me and not only search the main roads.

I may have a higher chance of being spotted by my adversaries along the road but I also have a better chance of getting passed by another vehicle which I can flag down and request for help.

For now, I need to move fast.

Nearest town?..Aw shoot, which way is the nearest town?

I push back my hair and look around while I jog. The wind increasing speed. Brushing against my bare skin.

This way is good enough. My bearings tell me I'm heading South-Southwest and that is probably my best bet.

So chilly out here...

My legs keep trekking.

I walk on.

I am unable to think.

"...Kuriko-I-.."

I am empty.

I have yet to find a single vehical yet. About 45 minutes in and not a single headlight comes my direction, nor tail light the opposite.

Just a road.

It is mid day.

The cold breeze has halted and turned itself into a hot ray of light.

I've always dealt better in the cold anyway.

The entire walk so far has been filled with guilt and coughing.

By now, my condition caused by the gas should of put me to sleep but I keep on walking.

My eyes already closed and my brain already dreaming but I am not asleep.

I am just walking...

..No...no-I am crawling...

Wait a minute. I'm actually sliding on my stomach.

Am I?...

Am...am I dreaming?...

In reality I had passed out a while ago.

It really was about 45 minutes into the hike that I collapsed but I had been dreaming I was still walking and in the same time frame for a while now.

As if the very time around me had been stuck in limbo...
Satoshi Veach
Satoshi Veach

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5