KS: The New Generation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Open] Personal Little Show

Go down

[Open] Personal Little Show Empty [Open] Personal Little Show

Post by Satoshi Veach Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:15 am

The festival extending through the school has started to really liven up into the auditorium.

Each person with the guts to grab one of the many open spots got to perform on stage with their talent they wish to showcase.

As a performer by nature from a family with our main hobby involving music, I love to entertain people when I can.

I signed up for my own time slot about a week ago and have been practicing on the piano ever since.

Usually I just play when I feel like it but this time I did it much more. I wanted to really play something that I could rock.

I step on stage. My time slot after night fall, the seating is actually quite crowded with family of other people going on stage soon and for those who wish to be entertained in the time they are eating.

After I sit on the stool to a piano that was on stage, I speak into the mic to address the crowd.

My voice not really carrying any hit of nervousness. My heart rate already previously self-steadied. My speech carries my own voice a little better than the normal monotone talk to lighten the mood a little.

"Good evening everyone. My name is Satoshi Veach and I am here to entertain you for the next few minutes or so."

"I will be performing a piece you may remember if you're into animated television shows."

My voice falls silent.

But after a few seconds...

"Erinnerst du dich noch?
Erinnerst du dich noch an dein Wort, das du mir gegeben hast?
erinnerst du dich noch?
erinnerst du dich noch an den Tag, an dem du mir?"

For many, it's a surprise at how well I pronounce the German lyrics.

A measure of silence before the piano starts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcjUOdeq6G8

[The video is inaccurate to Satoshi's personal style of music performing of course. For those who read this post and haven't read any past music posts of mine, I play a more heavy style and that trickles into Satoshi as well. A good example of it would be the fact that, instead of playing exactly how the first part of the piece is played in the video with many single notes, Satoshi would play it with five chords at a little bit of a higher dynamic.]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUVDtwpWgp0

"Eh~~~hey~yeh~eh~~~hey~~eh~~ay~~~ya~~ya~yay~~~eh~~yeh."

"Die Ruinenstadt ist immer noch schon
ich warte lange Zeit auf deine Ruckkehr
in der Hand ein Vergissmeinnicht."

"Regentropfen sind meine Tranen
Wind ist mein Atem und mein Erzahlung
Zweige und Blatter sind meine Hande
Denn mein Korper ist in Wurzeln gehullt."

Wenn die Jahreszeit des Tauens kommt,
Werde ich wach und singe ein Lied
Das Vergissmeinnicht, das du mir gegeben
Hast, ist hier."

"Erinnerst du dich noch?
Erinnerst du dich noch an dein Wort, das du mir gegeben hast?

The upper octave hand on the piano ceases to play.

Erinnerst du dich noch?
Erinnerst du dich noch an den Tag, an dem du mir?"

It continues to play.

[Instead of playing what the video plays at this point, Satoshi plays the last part over again. Letting his voice differ from the piano more dramatically as a harmony.]

Regentropfen sind meine Tranen
Wind ist mein Atem und mein Erzahlung
Zweige und Blatter sind meine Hande
Denn mein Korper ist in Wurzeln gehullt.

Wenn die Jahreszeit des Tauens kommt,
Werde ich wach und singe ein Lied
Das Vergissmeinnicht, das du mir gegeben
Hast, ist hier.

"Eh~~~hey~yeh~eh~~~hey~~eh~~ay~~~ya~~ya~yay~~~eh~~yeh~eh~~~uh~ay~~ay~~he~yeh~~~~"

At the end, I sneak in a part on the piano. [Similar to 3:34-3:39 in the piano video.]

"Eh~~~hey~yeh~eh~~~hey~~eh~~ay~~~ya~~ya~yay~~~eh~~yeh~eh~~~uh~ay~~ay~~he~yeh~~~~"

Afterwards I only play with the lower octave hand to finish.

"Thank you for your time. I hope you all enjoyed!"

I step down from the stage with a 'what-WHAT!' smile on my face. Greeted by my visiting family of my parents and the three of my older brothers.

In a couple minutes it will be time for the next time slot while the student host talks on stage.
Satoshi Veach
Satoshi Veach

Back to top Go down