KS: The New Generation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Private] The Meeting

2 posters

Go down

[Private] The Meeting Empty [Private] The Meeting

Post by Eric Grimm Thu May 23, 2013 11:25 pm

Continued from this thread.

Eric sets about wiping all traces of the fight from the crime scene, collecting all the bones into the centre of the forest, wiping up as much blood as possible, removing scraps of clothing and broken teeth.

He gets stuck into the work, relishing it, when he hears something moving in the forest behind him. Ducking behind a nearby tree, he sits and waits to see if a Police Officer discovers his secret clean up effort.
Eric Grimm
Eric Grimm

Back to top Go down

[Private] The Meeting Empty Re: [Private] The Meeting

Post by Takeshi Thu May 23, 2013 11:31 pm

From the shadows, a tall silhouette quickly starts taking shape. It's impossible at first glance to tell whether it is a machine or simply a man dressed in some kind of battle armor, but one thing's for sure - it looks nothing like anything Eric has ever seen, and appears to be quite dangerous.

It's safe to come out, Eric. I am not your enemy. At least, not yet, the robotic being speaks out in a deep, obviously artificial voice.
Takeshi
Takeshi

Back to top Go down

Post by Eric Grimm Thu May 23, 2013 11:36 pm

What's the...

Eric stares at the man, machine... thing, for a few seconds, before cautiously stepping out into the light of the clearing. He stands side on to the figure, ready to bolt at any sign of danger. In his hand is a kunai left over from the fight.

"You know my name." He says simply.
Eric Grimm
Eric Grimm

Back to top Go down

Post by Takeshi Thu May 23, 2013 11:45 pm

I know a lot more about you. I took the liberty of looking you up after witnessing your... impressive stunt a few days ago. I admit, as a man of science, I was... impressed. Horrified, yet impressed, the man speaks out, still not moving and waiting for Eric to come even closer so they could lead a normal conversation face to face.
Takeshi
Takeshi

Back to top Go down

Post by Eric Grimm Thu May 23, 2013 11:54 pm

A man of science...?

"Ah, so you are a man then. I assume the stunt you speak of was this?" He says, gesturing to the clearing around them.

Eric moves a few steps closer so he doesn't have to raise his voice. "I assume you want something of me?" He says, cautiously.
Eric Grimm
Eric Grimm

Back to top Go down

Post by Takeshi Fri May 24, 2013 12:05 am

The man chuckles. I am far more than a mere man. I am the result of the first symbiotic relationship between organics and synthetics. My endoskeleton and exoskeleton complement each other, achieving perfect synchronization that increases my combat capabilities by 500%. Basically...

All of a sudden, the stranger dashes forward, accelerating to full speed (or at least what appears to be full speed) in less than a second. Before Eric can even realize what is going on, the man has gripped him by the neck, applying just enough force to keep a firm grip without doing any damage. I can squash you like a bug whenever I want. Is that absolutely clear?
Takeshi
Takeshi

Back to top Go down

Post by Eric Grimm Fri May 24, 2013 12:16 am

Eric struggles at the metallic fingers around his neck and chokes out "C-crystal clear."

After he is dropped, he dusts down his coat and regains his composure. "Impressive. I assume you're responsible for that corpse I worked wonders with? We should do that again sometime. The idiots at the school seemed to enjoy it." Eric says, with a malevolent look in his eyes.
Eric Grimm
Eric Grimm

Back to top Go down

Post by Takeshi Fri May 24, 2013 12:19 am

This is exactly why I arranged this little encounter of ours. You see..., the stranger kneels down. The police are reporting that two corpses have been discovered in the forest and I am only willing to take responsibility for one. Tell me... Gurasu's death was your doing, was it not?
Takeshi
Takeshi

Back to top Go down

Post by Eric Grimm Fri May 24, 2013 12:22 am

"He was.... collateral damage. I needed him. For research. Hope you don't think of me as some kind of copycat killer!" He says with a laugh.

"I used his life force as a catalyst to augment my own powers," He says, while picking up a skeletal hand. "Which is why I can do... this!" He says, and reanimates a skeleton nearby. "It's a nice party trick." He says, while releasing the spell.
Eric Grimm
Eric Grimm

Back to top Go down

Post by Takeshi Fri May 24, 2013 12:24 am

The man turns his head towards the skeleton without seeming too impressed. After that, he looks straight back at Eric. So, allow me to get this straight - you sacrificed the life of an innocent for nothing more than a "party trick"?
Takeshi
Takeshi

Back to top Go down

Post by Eric Grimm Fri May 24, 2013 12:32 am

"It's much more than a party trick. I sacrificed the life of an innocent in the name of innovation. I can revive the dead." He says, a look of wonder creeping into his eyes. "They always say life is too short, but, well... that's no longer a problem! It just needs some... tweaking. I already have an idea as to where I went wrong."

Eric stops for a few moments and thinks harder. "You've sacrificed the lives of... four innocents? I'm assuming those three missing at the school are your doing. You can hardly call me out for doing the same."

Eric didn't take kindly to other's mocking his life's work.
Eric Grimm
Eric Grimm

Back to top Go down

Post by Takeshi Fri May 24, 2013 12:40 am

The iron giant chuckles a bit. Sacrificed? Nonsense! Robert's death was a mistake. A mistake I have learned a lot from. The others... have never been happier. I have taken away their weaknesses and multiplied their strengths. I have given them everything they have always desperately needed, yet was constantly denied time and time again - understanding, acceptance, confidence, a purpose... a family. You see, that is the difference between us. I am someone who grants life to those that have thus far lacked it. On the other hand, the "life" you pour into those mangled corpses... is nothing more than a mere illusion. You are a creature of death, and nothing more.
Takeshi
Takeshi

Back to top Go down

Post by Eric Grimm Fri May 24, 2013 12:50 am

Eric recoils at the man's harsh words.

"A-a creature of death?! HA!" Eric begins reanimating bones left right and centre fusing them together into ways you could never think possible, creating a spiral staircase of bones.

As he climbs, he begins talking to the robot, "All of my life, I've been alone. Like your 'family'" he said, making quotation marks with his fingers, "Nobody understood me. Nobody shared my vision, a life without death. Everlasting peace. Every day, millions die from every day problems, yet I have the remedy. I think we aren't so different, you and I. You want to make the lives better, I want to make them longer." Eric reaches the crest of his staircase of bones, and begins a descent.

Touching down on the ground, he walks straight towards the scientist, "This, illusion, is just the start of it. You and I could work together, you know. Necromancy, " Eric half curls his fist on the left, "and Cybernetics," he makes a fist with the other, "combined. The perfect human. An everlasting perfection." He joins the two hands together and smiles. "Gurasu was a mere mistake too, I was too careless with my cutting. I was in a hurry with Robert. I know I can do it. My cat, Lenin, is the perfect example of an everlasting life form. He doesn't age, he doesn't rot. He just exists. All he needs is the occasional top up of blood, and I've found the remedy to that... as long as he doesn't get attacked by meddling teenagers and an overly-zealous teacher." He says a dark expression forming on his face. "They destroyed our work, you know." He says, gazing into the metal man's eyes.
Eric Grimm
Eric Grimm

Back to top Go down

Post by Takeshi Fri May 24, 2013 1:02 am

You can not seriously be suggesting an alliance between us? Impossible. You are imperfect. Impure. Organic. As impressive as necromancy may be, it has all of the flaws inherent to flesh - it is vulnerable, weak, and requires constant sustenance. My children share none of those traits. They do not require food, water or blood. They can not be killed, or even injured. The only reason Robert was taken down was because he was still unfinished, yet I assure you, my other children are... perfect. There is no benefit to be gained from an alliance with you. Unless, of course... You're willing to surrender your weak, organic body.
Takeshi
Takeshi

Back to top Go down

Post by Eric Grimm Fri May 24, 2013 1:08 am

"What, so you can test on me?" Eric laughs at the notion. "I think not. I'd rather retain some humanity." Eric turns his back to the metal man and thinks for a few seconds, with his chin in his hand.

"I'd like to see these 'children' of yours for myself. I'd like to see what extent of humanity is left within, after all, if they are 100% machine, why use human hosts? The remaining human can still die." Eric smiles at the man before him. "Tell me, do they have a mind of their own?"
Eric Grimm
Eric Grimm

Back to top Go down

Post by Takeshi Fri May 24, 2013 1:16 am

Of course, the metal man nods. The human mind is... spectacular. In the year 2021, we have created weapons fifty times more powerful than the atom bombs, spacecrafts ten times faster than the ones ten years ago, cybernetics that improve every single aspect of the organic body... Yet we are nowhere near creating an AI that can even vaguely duplicate the qualities of the mind. Truly understanding and replicating its intricacy might be out of our reach for thousands of years. That is why my children are so perfect - their organic brains and fully cybernetic bodies are in symbiosis! The strengths of both, the weaknesses of neither... as I already mentioned.
Takeshi
Takeshi

Back to top Go down

Post by Eric Grimm Fri May 24, 2013 2:14 am

"Well. It would seem we cannot benefit each other." Eric says, looking forlorn. "The Husk, as I like to call it, was a thing of beauty. And electrically charged human..." Eric snaps his fingers.

"You claim that your children are flawless, but you don't exactly look human.... I wouldn't describe you as one. What you say is true about the human body being weak.... but it has its benefits. I can gain people's trust, move among them as if I was their own... I'm almost invisible. But as you say, squishy. Your children could never function in society, humans just aren't ready."

A few minutes of silence from Eric.

"I'll agree to a full conversion, as long as you can guarantee I can have this running through a series of artificial veins in the body." Eric produces a vial of the liquid he created using the blood of Gurasu, "Having a constant supply of this will greatly enhance my powers as a necromancer, and I can easily synthesise more using natural materials now that I know the chemical compound. All I would ask in return is you providing me with a few of those "husks" every now and then. Human corpses are no longer needed, as I demonstrated with the stairway of bones I can create my own shells for cybernetic augmentation. And, hell, I'd love to join you in this quest to change human nature. An everlasting body is all I've ever wanted. And with the husks, we needn't waste the ones that have already been wasted."

Eric Grimm
Eric Grimm

Back to top Go down

Post by Takeshi Fri May 24, 2013 2:24 am

The metal man chuckles. You do not need to worry about that. A true genius considers every possibility. I already have a human... Or at least a creature that looks human enough, working for me behind enemy lines and sabotaging the investigation. No, I'm afraid that I would not settle for anything other than a complete conversion. Having this liquid flow through your veins and pumped by an artificial heart would be easy enough. I also would not mind providing you with a couple of exoskeletons... given that you'll be able to resuscitate them without an organic brain in their skulls.

He squints his eyes once appearance is brought up. Tell me, Eric - were the neanderthals ready when the homo sapiens appeared? Were they accepting the new species that was better than them in every conceivable way? No, we do not need acceptance. Not from the humans.
Takeshi
Takeshi

Back to top Go down

Post by Eric Grimm Fri May 24, 2013 2:28 am

Eric chuckles dryly, "I like your way of thinking. It's settled then, I'll allow you to convert me and I'll help with the whole replacing the human race thing, and you can provide me with Husks." Eric smiles, and holds out his hand, "Do we have a deal?"
Eric Grimm
Eric Grimm

Back to top Go down

Post by Takeshi Fri May 24, 2013 2:31 am

The man stares Eric in the eyes for a few seconds, trying to determine his sincerity, then finally shakes his hand. It appears we have come to an understanding. From now on, I will be relying on your subordination. If me or one of my children decide you are more trouble than you're worth... Well, let's just say Robert will not be the last person that suffered by my hand.
Takeshi
Takeshi

Back to top Go down

Post by Eric Grimm Fri May 24, 2013 2:34 am

Eric gazes into the eyes of his new partner, "I'm not about to bow down and call you master, but I'll do as you ask. As long as I get my husks."
Eric Grimm
Eric Grimm

Back to top Go down

Post by Takeshi Fri May 24, 2013 2:37 am

And I will not require such degradation of you. I will simply ask you to know your place, the man says and turns around. Follow me. My home is nearby.
Takeshi
Takeshi

Back to top Go down

Post by Eric Grimm Fri May 24, 2013 2:54 am

Eric crosses his arms behind his back, and walks alongside the robot.

"I didn't catch your name by the way?"
Eric Grimm
Eric Grimm

Back to top Go down

Post by Takeshi Fri May 24, 2013 3:28 am

The metal man stays quiet for a moment, wondering whether or not he should reveal his true name or not. Takeshi, he finally says, opting to conceal his surname for the time being.
Takeshi
Takeshi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down