KS: The New Generation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Open] Nothing like fresh air.

2 posters

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

[Open] Nothing like fresh air. - Page 5 Empty Re: [Open] Nothing like fresh air.

Post by Izumi Inaba Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:33 pm

Izumi blinks for a second and then stares at her for a second before speaking.

"I don't think it's s-silly... However, may I ask why?" Izumi takes one step back sheepishly as he looks somewhat confused.
Izumi Inaba
Izumi Inaba

Back to top Go down

[Open] Nothing like fresh air. - Page 5 Empty Re: [Open] Nothing like fresh air.

Post by Chiharu Kinai Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:11 pm

Chiharu points towards Izumi's shoulder with a somewhat blank look on her face.

"There was a thing."
Chiharu Kinai
Chiharu Kinai

Back to top Go down

Post by Izumi Inaba Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:21 pm

Izumi turns toward his shoulder slightly and then looks back at her even more confused.

"What thing?"
Izumi Inaba
Izumi Inaba

Back to top Go down

Post by Chiharu Kinai Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:54 pm

"A butterfly, it was on your... and I thought, I could..."
Seemingly regaining a certain amount of attentiveness, she continues with, "Look I told you it was silly."
Chiharu Kinai
Chiharu Kinai

Back to top Go down

Post by Izumi Inaba Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:59 pm

"If anything it was more cute then silly." Izumi chuckles and looks back at her.

"Must have been from the bridge, I didn't notice it land. Anyways... not sure if you noticed, but there's one on you now, probably your friend from earlier, the one that got away." Izumi points at the general direction while the old man is still struggling with the door in the background.

Er... com'on, it wasn't this stiff in all my years of being here... Com'on dangnabbit open...
Izumi Inaba
Izumi Inaba

Back to top Go down

Post by Chiharu Kinai Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:21 pm

Chiharu cranes her neck to see the butterfly, and upon meeting it, her face instantly lit up as she softly says, "you know, I've never seen a butterfly. In person, that is."
Chiharu Kinai
Chiharu Kinai

Back to top Go down

Post by Izumi Inaba Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:44 pm

"I would have trouble believing that if it wasn't for what I was told. So, how is it, the feeling of discovery?"

Izumi gains the look of curiosity that had normally been found on Chiharu's countenance. He seems quite interested in how she sees initial discovery. The term he uses for a person's first encounter with something.
Izumi Inaba
Izumi Inaba

Back to top Go down

Post by Chiharu Kinai Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:41 pm

Chiharu stares at the butterfly as it flutters off into the distance and then, without adjusting her gaze in the slightest, begins to speak.
"Beautiful... exquisite, intrecate, exhilarating, and most of all..."
She then looks over at Izumi to continue with, "It's addictive."
Chiharu Kinai
Chiharu Kinai

Back to top Go down

Post by Izumi Inaba Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:21 am

He smiles almost to the point of a grin. "It's a wondrous feeling isn't it, even the small things in life make a person feel so alive. It is this feeling I relish so greatly. Whenever I go outside to meet the world I expect to see something new, something that illuminates progress." Izumi turns for a second as the man has finally opened the door. "Speaking of progress, here's an example of it now. You'll see what I mean once we get there."

A small robot flies out of the door. It is no larger than a small child and whilst it seems humanoid, it's also quite disproportional. You couldn't at all mistake it for a person, it's quite clearly a robot as it's limbs are all mechanic and has no shred of humanity within them. While this is not what Izumi came for, it too is something new. I take it you've come to see the- ZZZAAAAAP.

The captain presses a button to shut it up, it's clearly in pain but regains composure. It's voice very robotic, and so too are it's motions. Never mind that... let me introduce myself. My name is Friend taken from my acronym. F.R.I.E.N.D. I shall direct you to your final destination as master Kawakami finishes up over there.
Izumi Inaba
Izumi Inaba

Back to top Go down

Post by Chiharu Kinai Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:11 am

<This place is just full of surprises>

Chiharu kneels next to Friend and asks, "And what does your acronym stand for friend?"
Chiharu Kinai
Chiharu Kinai

Back to top Go down

Post by Izumi Inaba Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:18 am

"Few Relations in Earth Never Die. Master Kawakami has seen to it that I can run endlessly and even minor shocks, such as what he so felt the need to zap me with will not do much to me. However still, I can still die technically... EMP's and such of the more catastrophic sort. It's fitting. I am not an immortal vessel. Don't feel bad for me however, I can't feel...much. Anyways, we should be moving now... come on, follow me." Wheels pop up from underneath it's chassis and it begins to roll towards their destination. Izumi shakes his head as he begins to follow it and he waits for Chiharu to do the same.
Izumi Inaba
Izumi Inaba

Back to top Go down

Post by Chiharu Kinai Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:28 am

Chiharu cracks a smile as she pushes herself up and catches up with Izumi.
She walks close and asks in a quiet tone, "Do you know what he was going to say before the captain shocked him?"
Chiharu Kinai
Chiharu Kinai

Back to top Go down

Post by Izumi Inaba Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:51 pm

"I have an idea, but it detracts from the experience if I just went and told you what it was, it's a spoiler in a sense don't you think?" Izumi looks back at her, smirking all the while. "We'll see soon enough."
Izumi Inaba
Izumi Inaba

Back to top Go down

Post by Chiharu Kinai Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:57 pm

She slowly blinks as the look of concern disappears off of her face while she simply shrugs and says, "Alright, no spoilers".
Chiharu Kinai
Chiharu Kinai

Back to top Go down

Post by Izumi Inaba Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:44 am

[Alright, I am finally done with whatever was sapping my time.]

"It won't be much longer anyways."

As they walk inside, there seems to be little to see and they are told to keep walking further, there is another door which opens automatically. Behind it is what they are looking for.

"Well, it would take quite a while for the auto-door to open however I am sure the wait will be worth it. Depending on what you feel about what's behind it anyways."
Izumi Inaba
Izumi Inaba

Back to top Go down

Post by Chiharu Kinai Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:27 am

Chiharu shrugs as she adjusts her distant gaze to look at Izumi and say in an almost cocky tone "I'm patient".
Chiharu Kinai
Chiharu Kinai

Back to top Go down

Post by Izumi Inaba Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:59 am

"You've done well to at least prove that so far."

"Here we are, it's what you kids have been waiting for..."

With that, the auto-door slowly creaks open outwardly, a bright light, an almost cliche'd light appears for a second before it's seen that Kamakawi was solely using his flashlight for effect. He, in his disappointment notes this and moves away sheepishly to reveal what the fuss was about. Izumi begins to speak.

"We were working on an Airship of sorts, much like what you would see in fiction except here, in real life and able to fly in earnest."

He looks back at Chiharu.

"You might wonder how we'll get it out of here, I suppose. Well, wonder no more."

Yes, I'll just compartmentalize it now.... hold on.

With another press of the button, the elaborate airship, made with working sails and wooden frame that must have taken months of work had begun to shrink and compact and one if they didn't know any better would think they were about to destroy the ship.

However after a few moments a cube falls onto the ground and Izumi goes to pick it up.

"There's the ship. As long as one of us has a pen or Kawakami's remote, we'll be able to reconstruct it once outside in about 15-20 minutes. I hope anyways, we haven't tested that yet."
Izumi Inaba
Izumi Inaba

Back to top Go down

Post by Chiharu Kinai Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:09 am

After reflexively covering her eyes, chiharu looks at the airship in wonderment.
"It's amazing that it can do that and fly in the first place. I mean.. That's just. REALLY cool."
She then pauses for a moment before looking over at Izumi.
"You have tested that it flies first, right?"
Chiharu Kinai
Chiharu Kinai

Back to top Go down

Post by Izumi Inaba Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:16 am

"My previous visit was when we tested if it flew, it held up for a long time. The only condition is that we have to land on soft land or water at least for this build." Izumi then gets cut off by Cap.Kawakami, but accepts the course of action without much contest.

Aye, she flew indeed, what we're testing here is if it'll get rebuilt under the Kube system I have made here. As you can see, I have an assortment of Kubes all over the place, I even store Friend in one when he gets too annoying. It's basically cloud storage for printed materials, I'd go over the details however I'd rather keep most proprietary knowledge to myself. At least until I patent it.
Izumi Inaba
Izumi Inaba

Back to top Go down

Post by Chiharu Kinai Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:28 am

Chiharu seems more attentive than she has been the entire afternoon as she addresses the captain.
"I hope some day we can talk about it, but for now, there's science to be done."
She then pauses and clasps her hands together infront of herself.
"So, what's the plan?"
Chiharu Kinai
Chiharu Kinai

Back to top Go down

Post by Izumi Inaba Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:35 am

Plan is simple, we'll head up to an airport or a marina, set up the Kube where we want to spawn it and see if it spawns from memory. Then if all goes well, we can make a second test of it's flight capabilities.

Kawakami's face lightens up as he notices how eager and respectable they are, he doesn't mind the fact they are around anymore, prior to this he was slightly annoyed on the inside. He'd much rather work on this alone at peace, but for now, a little help and a witness or two doesn't hurt at all.

I did write up some waivers before hand, to keep my hands clean legally, just sign them on the table there... I think they- yes they are on the table, just sign and print them and we'll be off to whichever's closest. Probably the Airport, just sneak it on the runway and get it off before anyone notices something off.
Izumi Inaba
Izumi Inaba

Back to top Go down

Post by Chiharu Kinai Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:44 am

Chiharu lets Izumi sign first and while she waits for him, she says, "So you're trying to stay legal with the waivers, but you aren't getting approval by an airport before using one of their runways? That seems like a bit of a contradiction, don't you think?"
Chiharu Kinai
Chiharu Kinai

Back to top Go down

Post by Izumi Inaba Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:59 am

I can afford one and not the other alright... They wanted too much. Legal fees, sure, using the airports facilities for a day, not really in my price range.

"I know of a marina that allows anyone to use it no problem."

What... don't you know? He turns back to Izumi as he hears this.

Last edited by Izumi Inaba on Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:13 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : It wasn't clear enough.)
Izumi Inaba
Izumi Inaba

Back to top Go down

Post by Chiharu Kinai Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:09 am

Genuinely confused by the captains statement, she asks, "What don't I know?".
While the conversation continues on, Chiharu signs the waiver.
-Hana Kinai
Chiharu Kinai
Chiharu Kinai

Back to top Go down

Post by Izumi Inaba Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:12 am

"He was asking me, really. I was the one who knew of the marina." Izumi states. Izumi then looks at the waiver for a second, and notes the name used. "Wait, do we put our parent's name or our name?"

Why do you ask?

"I mean..." Izumi pauses for a moment.
Izumi Inaba
Izumi Inaba

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next