KS: The New Generation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Asari, Ichiko, Medical Examination [Private.]

2 posters

Go down

Asari, Ichiko, Medical Examination [Private.]  Empty Asari, Ichiko, Medical Examination [Private.]

Post by Declan Carrick Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:44 pm

After the announcement, Declan collected himself. Having awoken much earlier than he is used to, he'd liked this to end as much as the students did. At least that was what his mind was telling him based upon his feelings and lack of wakefulness. He didn't let that get in the way of his line of work, even when he had little to do in the office, he was prepared for any entrants at any time.

The two workstations were propped up not too long ago, having just wheeled everything he'll need not less than an hour and a half ago. He sneaked a tea kettle in that was attached to a table for all to see as it was not part of a workstation. Whilst unprofessional to sip tea in the middle of an announcement, he wasn't exactly all the way awake when he had done so.

For the moment, however, he was completely focused on his task and could be found going over Asari's dossier as he awaited her arrival to begin these examinations.
Declan Carrick
Declan Carrick

Location : Sendai, Miyagi Prefecture, Japan (The correction was given me by Toshiaki's roleplayer)

Back to top Go down

Asari, Ichiko, Medical Examination [Private.]  Empty Re: Asari, Ichiko, Medical Examination [Private.]

Post by Ichiko Asari Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:16 pm

Ichiko entered the station, looking relatively energetic and cheerful considering the early time of day and the nature of her being here. "Hello!" Ready for my examination~"
Ichiko Asari
Ichiko Asari

Back to top Go down

Asari, Ichiko, Medical Examination [Private.]  Empty Re: Asari, Ichiko, Medical Examination [Private.]

Post by Declan Carrick Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:13 pm

Declan jolted up considerably as he was slightly taken aback by Asari's enthusiasm. He appeared much sterner than usual perhaps in part due to his own lack of full wakefulness. He simply opened the dossier and flipped through some of the paperwork. After reviewing the write-ups for a moment he looked back up toward Asari with a calm smile more in professionalism than one given in earnest.

"Well met, just have a seat over there." He directs his arm toward the chair placed toward the right of the entrance of the station. "We'll begin on a few of the routine tests and then I'll go over the specific exam that will have to do with your condition. I am also obligated to commit to the full body exam, rest assured that there will be only strict professionalism and you shan't need to worry about it."  He pauses just to let the information sink in before continuing. As he does this, he took a gander at his new clipboard, having had his prior one go missing. What is entailed on the clipboard are questions to ask each student before commencing, with certain ones tagged specifically for certain students.

"How was summer by the way?  I hope you remembered to take care of your prosthetic, I'll be running a diagnostic on it later on during these proceedings."

[I am going to be a little sparse, I wasn't forecasting that I'd have much in the way of tasks today. Life, I suppose has other plans for me this day. I'll try to reply as steadfastly as I am able.]
Declan Carrick
Declan Carrick

Location : Sendai, Miyagi Prefecture, Japan (The correction was given me by Toshiaki's roleplayer)

Back to top Go down

Post by Ichiko Asari Thu Sep 26, 2013 5:01 pm

Ichiko gladly takes a seat while Declan goes over the basics of the examination.

"Summer was good, thanks." she says, when asked how it went. "And yeah, I always take good care of my prosthetic."
Ichiko Asari
Ichiko Asari

Back to top Go down

Post by Declan Carrick Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:33 pm

"We'll see about this. For now, just hold your arm out for me. I am going to take measurements of your blood pressure." Declan went toward the blood pressure monitor and took the wrapping end of it and wrapped it over Ichiko's arm. A few button presses was all it took for it to start clamping down. A few moments went by and after the reading, nothing was found to be too off-setting. He wrote down what was found and then proceeded for the next exam.

"You're within normal limits. Next, we'll be taking a few blood tests, just enough to fill two of these vials over here." Declan went over to a sanitizing station to wash his hands and proceeded to put gloves on. He then took a a blue and a red labeled vial from the depository that one would find in almost every doctor's working area. The current system for drawing blood hadn't changed all that much, the only difference is the emergence of a new needle that hurt even less than what was used not less than seven years ago. "It's probably not even going to be felt." Declan stated as he looked for the vein. After having found it, he sanitized the area with gauze. He then realized in a moment's folly that he hadn't yet tied her upper arm up with the band to temporarily retard blood flow. The band was wrapped around and after being secured on, he proceeded to inject her to begin drawing blood for the vials.

The entire process took no less than a minute and after removing the needle and bandaging up the area he then continued with the details of the next examinations.

"Alright, before we begin the body examinations, I'll need to take a look at that arm of yours to inspect it." Declan then smiled again, "It's not that I don't believe you didn't keep it in good care, I just need to make sure of that myself, rules abide."
Declan Carrick
Declan Carrick

Back to top Go down

Post by Ichiko Asari Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:41 pm

"Fair enough," Ichiko replied. "Do I need to detach it, or is it fine as it is?"
Ichiko Asari
Ichiko Asari

Back to top Go down

Post by Declan Carrick Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:44 am

"To be able to make a proper examination, I'll require it to be detached. Shouldn't be too much of a hassle would it?" Declan said as he gathered a kit he devised specifically to inspect this arm from under his desk. The model she had was an older one, and was a different serial number than its usual line in order to fit Ichiko specifically. In his spare time off-duty, one of his main hobbies was researching and developing maintenance kits for most prosthetic and bionic technologies so to better understand them. It would help two-fold as they can then be used to inspect and maintain most of the models students had been using there back at the school.
Declan Carrick
Declan Carrick

Back to top Go down

Post by Ichiko Asari Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:56 pm

"Nope! Gimme just a second!" Ichiko fiddled with the base of her prosthetic and after a few moments the entire arm detached, save for the thin base plate embedded in her stump itself, to which the actual prosthetic attached. She then handed the prosthetic over to the nurse. "Here you go."
Ichiko Asari
Ichiko Asari

Back to top Go down

Post by Declan Carrick Sat Sep 28, 2013 4:49 pm

"There's proper." Upon first glance, now that he held it in his hands, saw that it was well maintained if a little loose. On a deeper inspection, going inside and revising every part, he found a mechanism not properly protracting. After tightening a few of the parts that were causing it to be slightly loose with a custom spanner, he took meticulous care to make sure he hadn't fuddled any other part up as he does so. He took a while longer to get it all back together as he found it unwieldy to reconstruct. He took a good look at the prosthetic before reattaching it to the base upon Ichiko's arm. For a model so aged, it still looked very well crafted even still, a gentle metalwork framing and smooth even-bore construction makes the arm look almost bionic, and that it was. It actually was, even if it didn't look it. At least not one you'd believe to find in a realistic sense, it had a strange sense of novelty about it. Most of it looks as if it wanted to replicate human construction, as like an automaton. The prosthetic still kept mostly a very robotic sense of motion and even after tightening it as much as it could, some of it's movements were a small count loose, no doubt in part to the fact it is manual in most accounts. It moved much like any prosthesis; only as good as it's user could gain control of it. He attached it as easily as it came off and looked back at her calmly.

"You should find it a wee bit more responsive now, in case it wasn't before."

Now came the difficult part, the part most of everyone would abhor. The full body examination as the eye could easily be covered through this.

"Now, you're going to have to stay relatively calm, as the full body examination as aforementioned requires you to be bare. After this however, you'll be home free and ready to return to the fray. If you're asking why I haven't used my stethoscope or whatever else, all that would also be done here." Declan stated this with a very reserved look on his face, he didn't want any of the students to think anything else but professionalism of him. No matter their precognition, he only cared about the health and nothing but the health of the students under his jurisprudence.
Declan Carrick
Declan Carrick

Back to top Go down

Post by Ichiko Asari Sat Sep 28, 2013 5:54 pm

The slightest of blushes stains Ichiko's cheek but she does not protest. "Okay." Turning around so she cannot see the nurse, she begins to remove her clothes.
Ichiko Asari
Ichiko Asari

Back to top Go down

Post by Declan Carrick Sun Sep 29, 2013 1:27 pm

Declan doesn't appear as if he reacted much to this action other than priming his stethoscope and a small medical robe equal to the ones at a hospital to place over her for now. The usual breathing exercise took place first showing no signs of issues, all four regions doctors usually ask for came up negative. Then Declan took the otoscope to look inside each of her ears, this particular otoscope had a new feature which allowed it to scan the ears for any possible faults and demarcate the region. There was no need for this as both the manual and Fullscan found nothing to note. The same went for the the usual tests through the nose and mouth. However, the difficult part came when testing the eyes as he knew what had occurred to one of them, he decided perhaps slightly out of line to simply check the one eye, the good one.  

"I am going to need you to look to toward the back, and don't worry about anyone peering through as this screen extends to the farthest reaches of the gym, I just need you to recite what you can see." Declan faced away from her as he pointed to the eye test board which was the furthest south from where they were."

It was the standard board that started in a capital E, the Snellen Chart, which was next to the following test's chart.
Asari, Ichiko, Medical Examination [Private.]  Eye-charts-358x338
Declan Carrick
Declan Carrick

Back to top Go down

Post by Ichiko Asari Sun Sep 29, 2013 1:36 pm

Ichiko does as instructed, turning towards the chart and reciting the letters. "E, F, P, T, O, Z..." She does well until the last three rows. "L, E, F, O, D, P, C, T...uhh...P, D, P, L, C, E, O...uhh...I can't read that last line at all."

[I don't know how someone wwith one eye would perform so I'm approximating by shutting my left eye and doing the test myself]
Ichiko Asari
Ichiko Asari

Back to top Go down

Post by Declan Carrick Sun Sep 29, 2013 2:42 pm

[I've seen it done by having a person hold their hand over their left eye and then one with their hand over their right. Taking this into account, you're not wrong in how it would work.]

"There's proper, your eye is still well within a great range, still 20-20. Now, what we'll do is you'll look at the second chart and try to make the sign with your hands" He then shows her what each E would look like. The standard E would be made with the index, middle, and ring fingers pointed to the right. The one that appears upside down would be the same except pointed down. The right hand only needs to be used to invert the E towards the left.
Declan Carrick
Declan Carrick

Back to top Go down

Post by Ichiko Asari Sun Sep 29, 2013 5:24 pm

"Okay." Ichiko is slightly less good at this one, making a mistake on row 7 and being completely unable to do the last two rows.
Ichiko Asari
Ichiko Asari

Back to top Go down

Post by Declan Carrick Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:34 pm

"Well, overall, you're still all right here, I'll just have to test how well you can follow the light here." Declan turned on a flashlight and it would appear the most obvious of occurrences had happened. She wasn't able to follow it as well when it swung to the left as it was out of her line of slight, the same had occurred with the test that involved following his fingers.  This was nothing new under the sun and he simply wrote the results down even after he assumed that this would had been the case. He then had her stretch and extend her neck. The range of motion test also came negative as it appeared that there were no problems to be found. He then came closer to touch the area around her neck, this was to check how her thyroid gland felt as well as her lymph nodes. Every part seemed to appear normal in size and feeling except for a slightly rough feeling supraclavicular. However, it wasn't enlarged nor was it asymmetrical. In the end after a few more tests, there was deemed to be none wrong. He then focused his attentions toward the cranial nerves, he touched a few points of note and felt nothing off. Declan then asked Ichiko to smile and then frown. In which each time he went and felt the same spots again. This continued for the expressions of raising eyebrows and shutting eyes.

As far as she was concerned it looked as if she wasn't too much at unease which made these tests go smoothly. Having taken a small breath analyzer tool and his stethoscope, he asked her to open her mouth and press down onto the end of the tool. He then took his stethoscope and told her to breath in. Having his eyes fixed on the small meter behind them, he then told her to exhale and watched how much air she was able to expel. This continued for six separate locations, three on the back of her lungs behind her and one in front for each. This too went well enough. He asked her to stand up and bend down, while he walked over to her side. "I just need to check for scoliosis, I am right here toward your side, I've learned how to do this test from here so you won't feel too uncomfortable." He took a swipe down the spine to look for any abnormal regions and found that neither the curvature nor the bone looked too strange or too far off.

Returning to her front, to the forefront of the neck he placed the stethoscope toward both major arteries to check the pulse of each location. After which he asked her to lay down in order to press down on the points of the abdomen to check for pain and abnormalities. Once again nothing was found to be notable. During this, he also measured the length of the quadrants, liver and spleen and found them in a normal range. The spleen, was only slightly over normal. From here he asked her to sit up again and went on to check her reflexes on both of her legs and her good arm. He took a look at the different hammers he had to use and decided to go with the simple percussion head.

The tests went well enough as she reacted almost instantly to the stimulus. After this he told her to sit up again and listen. He spoke in a very calm tone as to attempt to reassure the student.

"As far as you're concerned you're doing well enough, I've found little wrong. Now, there's only one test left before you're able to go. One's a pelvic test which I'll need to ask you if I could do, it's in your best interest to do so as that may be the only way you're aware of problems over there. I am forced however to ask permission as it involves a little breaching of privacy in order to do so. Now, rest assured there are many teachers here and I am by no means inclined to do anything I am not. However, if it comes to it that you are too uncomfortable, you could simply decline to the determent of knowledge. This is a preventive measure."
Declan Carrick
Declan Carrick

Back to top Go down

Post by Ichiko Asari Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:25 pm

"Pelvic test?" Ichiko repeats, glancing down at her lap. "Uhh...okay. But if I do feel uncomfortable, you'll stop, right?"
Ichiko Asari
Ichiko Asari

Back to top Go down

Post by Declan Carrick Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:59 pm

Declan took a glance at her countenance and her wavering tone and almost feels inclined to decline in principle. To make sure of this he merely speaks again to gauge her body language. "At any point if you feel so, even as I approach you, I'll stop. The oath I follow as a nurse means I must first make no harm. All medical practitioners are at least aware of the oath they swore to uphold. I don't see any benefit in doing anything unbecoming." His look was one of concern as it appeared that even though she consented to the test, she appeared not to be in full approval.
Declan Carrick
Declan Carrick

Back to top Go down

Post by Ichiko Asari Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:26 pm

Ichiko looks rather more relieved and relaxed once she has the nurse's word that he will stop if she feels uncomfortable. "Okay, then you can do the test."
Ichiko Asari
Ichiko Asari

Back to top Go down

Post by Declan Carrick Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:18 pm

Declan acquires from his desk, a speculum which will be used to leave his work area open. Upon arriving, he makes a mention that there will be some slight discomfort but that such is natural given the nature of the exam. Quite a moment later and after some extraction, the first test had completed within record time. The second test from here was to gauge if there were any internal abnormalities, with there being none. He walked over and placed the extracted material into a sample vial alongside the two vials of blood in order to send to the lab later.

After such, he went back to deliver the ultimate results with a calm.

"Well, it appears as if you are good to go, you're doing quite fine. There haven't been much in the way of abnormalities and the ones I could find aren't any where close to being definable as a problem. You may clothe yourself and return to the gym."
Declan Carrick
Declan Carrick

Back to top Go down

Post by Ichiko Asari Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:22 pm

"Okay, thanks!" Ichiko gets changes fairly quickly and exits back into the gym.
Ichiko Asari
Ichiko Asari

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down