KS: The New Generation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It's only going to be as awkward as you make it.

+16
Wade Wilson Jr.
Setsuna Sequenze
Mihoko Ikina
Yuuji Takahashi
Izumi Inaba
Kuriko Hatsuhara
Iro Shisen
Tiberius Hawke
Sumiko Nakagawa
Mizo Takameshi
Ichiko Asari
Raiden
Sayuri Motozaki
Satoshi Veach
Chiharu Kinai
Declan Carrick
20 posters

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

It's only going to be as awkward as you make it.  - Page 2 Empty Re: It's only going to be as awkward as you make it.

Post by Wade Wilson Jr. Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:19 pm

'Oh crap, oh crap, oh crap, oh crap, oh crap...'

Wade mumbles to himself as he literally storms inside the school, fully convinced that he is incredibly late. It's not really the exam that he's scared of missing, though - yesterday, he spoke with his niece on the phone and had arranged to meet her near the entrance of the school in order to lead her safely into the changing room. Being a blind six year old girl who has never visited the high school before, Ellie would most likely panic if there's not a single friendly face to meet her and help her get to the gym. Wade promised to be there on time, but even though he woke up when his alarm rang, he still experienced some... unexpected difficulties while preparing for his homework club assignment. Nevertheless, even though said assignment was eventually completed, it took him way longer than he had anticipated, and that led to his current situation.

The boy leans against one of the pillars supporting the entrance to catch his breath, then turns around and start looking through the students walking inside towards the changing rooms. There are a couple of kids around, but no sign of a little, blond girl. 'Ellie!' he yells out, causing a few eyes to turn towards him, but that's the only response he gets.
Wade Wilson Jr.
Wade Wilson Jr.

Back to top Go down

It's only going to be as awkward as you make it.  - Page 2 Empty Re: It's only going to be as awkward as you make it.

Post by Declan Carrick Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:30 pm

At the end of the gym, one can see the non-transparent screens in all their particularly imposing manner propped up. Declan can be somewhat heard making a stir within one of the workstations as he prepares to call a person up. He personally feels as if he should wait a while more but he could always call their name again later toward the end. A small communications device is set up locally so that no-one in the gym could miss getting their name called out without being out of the gym a fair distance or an illogical reason. Illogical as any deaf students would be receiving a card. This card would be from a teacher that he would instruct them to deliver. In line with his duties and his straightforward way of working, he simply got on the intercom and stated a name to commence examinations.

"Asari, Ichiko... Asari, Ichiko, please make your way to station 2."
Declan Carrick
Declan Carrick

Location : Sendai, Miyagi Prefecture, Japan (The correction was given me by Toshiaki's roleplayer)

Back to top Go down

Post by Chiharu Kinai Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:35 pm

Upon hearing a softer and more consistent stride than most, chiharu opened her eyes and saw Izumi find a spot a few meters away. Which seemed reasonable enough, for she already had neighbours on either side of herself. However, he did not. While she wasn't really in the mood for a conversation, she still wanted to say hello. So, she grabbed her two books, '20,000 leagues under the seas' in both japanese and braille, and made her way over to him.

She makes a quick upward motion with her head as she speaks in a subtly relaxed and quieter tone than usual.
"Hey.. I'm going to be up not too long after you, if you wouldn't mind waiting, we could meet up and do something. After all this, that is."

[OOC: I have to go somewhere. I'll be back by 8 cst. feel free to prioritize the examinations.]
Chiharu Kinai
Chiharu Kinai

Back to top Go down

Post by Sora Kimura Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:40 am

I get this feeling now and then, that I should have planned things better.
I've entered the gym, but don't quite know where to go from here. I forgot to bring anything with me to cure boredom, so I suppose I'll have to settle for thinking to myself. I don't quite consider myself having any friends yet. I've only spoken to Takameshi and... Did I ever get the other kid's name? Either I haven't or it's slipped my mind. Either would imply that I couldn't really say we know each other, and Takameshi said I should go to him if I have some sort of question about the school, and I don't. Having nobody to immediately go to, after a few moments' hesitation I sit down against a randomly selected part of wall beside nobody in particular. Such an act may seem sad to others, but the thought never crosses my mind. I look around for a bit, but the gym's not that interesting to look at, so I return my gaze downward to a spot of the floor that I don't actually take much interest in. I should have have planned this better. I should have found another clipboard and a piece of paper, or my mp3 player or something...
"Oh well." I mumble to myself. I sit against the wall with half-open, uninterested eyes and blank my mind as I wait for time to pass. Time's good at passing; I'll be fine.

Last edited by Sora Kimura on Thu Sep 26, 2013 3:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Sora Kimura
Sora Kimura

Back to top Go down

Post by Satoshi Veach Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:12 am

"Da~~~mmi~~~t Ha~~~~~~~~~~wke....!"

My voice is more a groan than actual words.

Regardless, I straighten out and sit up.

I open the door in a T-shirt and boxers.

"Where's the snooze button on you..."

I carefully study Tiberius's forehead with one hand on the door handle and another with it's pinky lightly on the corner of my bottom lip.

Eyes half-closed, as usual.

My hair looks....

..slightly more disheveled than normal.
Satoshi Veach
Satoshi Veach

Back to top Go down

Post by Ichiko Asari Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:43 am

[Sorry, I went to bed early to try and fight off a cold and now this post is kind of out of place]

Ichiko looks up as a voice inquires as to the song she is humming. "Hmm? Oh that's just the FullMetal Alchemist theme tune. It's an anime that aired about fifteen years ago, I find it really cool and-"

"Ha! I knew I'd be up soon!" Ichiko scrambles to her feet. "See ya in a bit!" She waves to the strange boy, then heads off to station 2 as asked.
Ichiko Asari
Ichiko Asari

Back to top Go down

Post by Mizo Takameshi Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:19 pm

{No worries, you gotta do what you gotta do.}

Once his question is answered Mizo doesn't even have a chance to respond the reply before a page rings out over the gym

Declan Carrick wrote:"Asari, Ichiko... Asari, Ichiko, please make your way to station 2."
Then in an instant the girl is on her feet and hurrying away.

Ichiko Asari wrote:"See ya in a bit!" She waves to the strange boy
"That's probably the second shortest conversation I've ever had." he thought to him self
Mizo Takameshi
Mizo Takameshi

Back to top Go down

Post by Iro Shisen Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:01 pm

"Oh!" Iro says, slapping her forehead with her free palm. "Mihoko! Of course. I was a bit flustered at that point." She says, shaking her head.

"And the torture begins!" Iro says with a grin.

"Earl Grey, by the way. Still going strong." She says, taking another sip.
Iro Shisen
Iro Shisen

Back to top Go down

Post by Mihoko Ikina Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:06 pm

"It's all right, I did kind of let my hair grow out a bit. I just haven't taken the time to find a decent stylist ever since I moved here. Heck I haven't even been into the nearby city yet. Just been sticking to the town here at the bottom of the hill." she replied.
Mihoko Ikina
Mihoko Ikina

Back to top Go down

Post by Iro Shisen Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:31 pm

"Townsville?" She asks, "I find it a tad boring. We should head to the city one day - find some sights to see." She says with a smile.
Iro Shisen
Iro Shisen

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiberius Hawke Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:43 pm

Hawke looks Satoshi up and down and lets down a sigh.

"I can tell you'll be a while." He says, "I'll see you there. Hurry up."

Hawke strides down the hall, quietly singing to himself. [Obviously a few octaves lower to account for his Batman voice]

He arrives in the halls and looks around for someone to talk to.

Last edited by Tiberius Hawke on Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tiberius Hawke
Tiberius Hawke

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayumi Tachibana Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:06 am

Nayumi slowly opened the door to the gym, with her fateful sketchbook in her hands, and carefully peeked inside in order to estimate how many people were inside. The answer was quite a bit larger than she had expected. The girl quickly pulled aside, slightly worried that somebody would catch her peeking in and get the wrong idea, then leaned back against the wall and sighed. She was never particularly good with crowds - understandable, considering her isolated and sheltered life, but harmful nevertheless. Since she started going to school, Nayumi had managed to overcome her anxiousness just enough to be able to relax while in class, but seeing every single student in the school in one place and knowing that she would need to stay among them while waiting for her medical exam was a bit too much for her. The changing room was practically empty when she arrived, which made changing into her sports uniform a lot easier, but also gave her false hope that maybe most of the students had decided to skip the exam. Nayumi took a few deep breaths to calm her nerves, squeezing her sketchbook tightly and reminding herself that Ichiko would be inside. That made her feel a bit better - after all, she hadn't seen her best friend ever since she got sick a few weeks ago. Nayumi braced herself, then bravely opened the door and walked straight into the gym.

The moment she entered the crowd, the girl's anxiousness grew tenfold. She immediately started scanning the people around, looking for anyone with blue hair, but couldn't see anyone like that. It took her a full minute to realize that Ichiko wasn't in the gym, or if she was, she was well-hidden. Nayumi panicked. It didn't even occur to her that her best friend might simply be undergoing her own examination at the moment. Her big eyes rolled back to the exit, as if she was contemplating an escape. Ultimately, she simply decided to go in the corner and sit there, as far away from everyone as possible. The girl took a deep breath, then placed her sketchbook in her lap, trying to focus all of her attention on it. After pulling the pencil attached to it, she quickly began sketching the first thing that came to her preoccupied mind.
Nayumi Tachibana
Nayumi Tachibana

Back to top Go down

Post by Satoshi Veach Fri Sep 27, 2013 1:46 am

After about a half-hour, I have my theeth brushed and my hair combed straight.

Coming out of my dorm room, I look different than normal since I usually hang out in my room after getting ready for the day and before setting off.

Now my hair is just veers around my eyes. I also seem to be shivering a little bit.

In my hand is a cup noodle. I don't feel like doing more than going to the kitchen area down the hall for the microwave.

The microwave is set for about two minutes. I don't like waiting for my food and I don't like having it too hot. I also don't mind the slightly more than al dente noodles so it all fits.

I stop the machine at one second left.

Screw the noise.

...Literally.

I scarf down the moderately-hot soup and put the empty container in the trash before even stepping outside.

And so it begins.

The door opens and the tiny breeze sends me back into an unusual shiver as I make my way toward the gym area.

The doors to the gym open and in comes the shivering boy, hair still damp and only slightly increased in volume from the time I combed it.
Satoshi Veach
Satoshi Veach

Back to top Go down

Post by Sora Kimura Fri Sep 27, 2013 3:18 am

I glance at the door as two more people enter, a time each. One seems to have brought something to draw in, though it could just as easily be something to write in. Regardless of its actual purpose, it reminds me of my own inability to remember to bring something with me despite the announcement's recommendation. It also reminds me of my own decision not to put too much thought into the subject. To deliberately not think is a surprisingly difficult task. It'd probably be easier to, rather than rendering my mind blank, find something more pleasant and interesting to fill the space.
I realize that I'm thinking about thinking. Is that a good topic for thought? Then I'd be thinking about thinking about thinking...
I end up staring at the floor in front of me again as I confuse myself.
Sora Kimura
Sora Kimura

Back to top Go down

Post by Mihoko Ikina Fri Sep 27, 2013 5:58 am

Iro Shisen wrote:"Townsville?" She asks, "I find it a tad boring. We should head to the city one day - find some sights to see." She says with a smile.
"Definitely, and soon too. I haven't been shopping in forever." Mihoko said rather excitedly.
Mihoko Ikina
Mihoko Ikina

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiberius Hawke Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:44 pm

As soon as Satoshi enters the gym he is greeted by a punch to the arm and a "'Sup!" from Hawke, who has Kuriko standing by him.

"I found yo' bitch." He says, mimicking a gangster voice.

"Oh, Hawke~!" Kuriko says, giggling and blushing a little.
Tiberius Hawke
Tiberius Hawke

Back to top Go down

Post by Iro Shisen Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:48 pm

"Prepare for the shopping trip of your life, amigo, I'm not the best at conserving my money...." She says with a grin.

Not that the wage at Yamaku generally calls for scrimping and saving.
Iro Shisen
Iro Shisen

Back to top Go down

Post by Mihoko Ikina Fri Sep 27, 2013 6:20 pm

"I like the sound of that. We could grab some lunch too and make a whole day out of it, what do you think?"
Mihoko Ikina
Mihoko Ikina

Back to top Go down

Post by Satoshi Veach Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:36 pm

I take the blow with an, "ow!"

"Really? I found him too!"

I reach up and grab Tiberius by the chin and give it a quick, little shake from left to right.

"Hey there, lady."

I give Kuriko a pickup-hug and set her down as quickly as she left the floor.
Satoshi Veach
Satoshi Veach

Back to top Go down

Post by Ellie Wilson Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:38 am

About half an hour after the examinations have already began and long after Wade has walked into the gym, Ellie finally reaches the school and enters its main hall. Finding the high school on her own proved to be way more difficult than she had anticipated, and it took a lot of asking around in order to get to it. Now, the little girl's faced with another problem - the main hall is empty, and she has absolutely no idea how to get to the changing rooms, let alone to the actual gym. 'Ah... H-hello? Is anyone here?' she asks cautiously, hoping that someone else who's running late could help her.
Ellie Wilson
Ellie Wilson

Back to top Go down

Post by Izumi Inaba Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:41 pm

Chiharu Kinai wrote:
She makes a quick upward motion with her head as she speaks in a subtly relaxed and quieter tone than usual.
"Hey.. I'm going to be up not too long after you, if you wouldn't mind waiting, we could meet up and do something. After all this, that is."

"...Sir Tristram, violer d'amores, fr'over the short sea, had passen-
core rearrived from North Armorica on this side the scraggy 5
isthmus of Europe Minor to wielderfight his penisolate war: nor-..."

Izumi hadn't gotten very far in the very strange book he started to read and gradually made his gaze over toward what sounded like Chiharu. It figuratively appeared as if he peeled himself off the book as it took a short while for him to effectively be turned.

"I suppose I should make up for the summer past, twas' quite squandered. Yes, I would be glad to meet up after this, quite a bit in fact." Izumi smiled faintly as his attention was now fully on her. "You don't appear to be much in a mood, I take it is the morning that is casting this cloud, yes?" His manner of speech was slightly either improved or worsened depending on subjectivity due to his summer studies and walks. He was relatively alone during that time-frame, all of his fault honestly. Yet, he was caught completely unaware mostly due to complete and total habit.
Izumi Inaba
Izumi Inaba

Back to top Go down

Post by Kai Karasawa Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:12 pm

Kai sighed as he waited for his turn. In his head, he debated whether or not he should try to be sociable with the other students around him, but it hardly seemed the time or place to do such a thing. He looked around at the people around him, trying to find a moment to introduce himself.
Kai Karasawa
Kai Karasawa

Back to top Go down

Post by Chiharu Kinai Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:14 am

Izumi Inaba wrote:"...Sir Tristram, violer d'amores, fr'over the short sea, had passen-
core rearrived from North Armorica on this side the scraggy 5
isthmus of Europe Minor to wielderfight his penisolate war: nor-..."

Izumi hadn't gotten very far in the very strange book he started to read and gradually made his gaze over toward what sounded like Chiharu. It figuratively appeared as if he peeled himself off the book as it took a short while for him to effectively be turned.

"I suppose I should make up for the summer past, twas' quite squandered. Yes, I would be glad to meet up after this, quite a bit in fact." Izumi smiled faintly as his attention was now fully on her. "You don't appear to be much in a mood, I take it is the morning that is casting this cloud, yes?" His manner of speech was slightly either improved or worsened depending on subjectivity due to his summer studies and walks. He was relatively alone during that time-frame, all of his fault honestly. Yet, he was caught completely unaware mostly due to complete and total habit.
She tilts her head shortly and lets her gaze wander about the room for a moment before focusing back on Izumi to reply with, "Yeah that, and everything that's going on around us."
Chiharu Kinai
Chiharu Kinai

Back to top Go down

Post by Izumi Inaba Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:55 pm

Izumi gave a sharp and understanding glance. "Crowding." Izumi stated nothing unknown to him and even one who likes being around others understands that there are differences in how this is viewed. Not one to impose he found it a predicament and had just the answer.

"This is solvable. Whilst I heard you got yourself involved with this... "homework club" for whatever reason, if you could find a way to shirk your duties and head away from the gym, I'll text you when it is your turn to be examined. Shan't be too much of an issue." Izumi then smiled somewhat pleased with his idea, hoping it would be of use to her. He was indebted, at least in his own thoughts, to her. Something so simple wouldn't be much of a issue to him. He had little else to focus on, tuning that around him out was as easy as he'd like. Not for her who had no choice in the matter, it would be much better for her not to deal with such obstinance.
Izumi Inaba
Izumi Inaba

Back to top Go down

Post by Chiharu Kinai Sun Sep 29, 2013 5:02 pm

"Yeah, that seems like a good idea"
Then just as she was finishing saying that, wades voice can be heard yelling accross the gym, at which point she looks over toward the source for a short time before turning back to face izumi to give her sending words with a soft smile.
"Thanks, I'd really appreciate it if you did that."
She then makes her way accross the gym.
Chiharu Kinai
Chiharu Kinai

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next